Lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2006 Liberty Sport. I am wanting to lift it. My price range is about $1800. I do a fair amount of off roading. I will be getting some 245/75/16 duratracs to go with the lift. I'm torn between the Frankenlift and the Tommudd econo lift. If I go with the Frankenlift I will be getting the a arms as well. I want to do this right the first time and not have to mess with it again. I used to have another 06 and went with just the OME springs, struts and shocks. I loved the ride. I've only had this one for a month or so and my wife said we need to do something about the ride quality. I need info, pics, anything to help me decide which one to go with.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted my KJ 3" and it made a big difference in ride quality. I prob'ly spent more money than you plan to, but there were a lot of options and great advice provided in my thread. Of course, there are other threads too, so read plenty. Here's a link to my discussion: Me and My '05 Limited, Riding On Air

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do I need to get any rear isos with the econo kit? I know to get the bump stops.

The TM Econo kit uses 4 inch JBA rear springs
But back to getting some info from you
You're going to run 245-75-16s correct?
If so I can give you some options and you can go from there

With the Franky , you will need the JBA UCAs

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I will be running 245/75/16 Duratracs. I think I've settled on the econo lift. I know I need new bumpstops and the brake line relocation bracket. Any other suggestions or mods I should do while getting the lift installed? I am going to use the stock wheels for now. The lift and tires are going to run me around $3000. In another year or so I'll upgrade the wheels.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I will be running 245/75/16 Duratracs. I think I've settled on the econo lift. I know I need new bumpstops and the brake line relocation bracket. Any other suggestions or mods I should do while getting the lift installed? I am going to use the stock wheels for now. The lift and tires are going to run me around $3000. In another year or so I'll upgrade the wheels.

It will have a slight rake to it, since it uses 4 inch springs in the rear. If you bring the front up to 4 inches it will have spring/ UCA contact on bumps
Just so you know, I designed it to use OME 948 and two extra upper isos in the rear to sit level

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which clevis spacer should I get? There is 3 choices .25", .375", and .5". Sorry about all the questions but since you guys have done this to multiple Libertys I figured this would be the place to get all the info I need to make an informed decision. Any way to correct the rake without spending a ton of money? Or any pictures of how bad the rake is? Also does this kit come with the brake line relocation bracket?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So which clevis spacer should I get? There is 3 choices .25", .375", and .5". Sorry about all the questions but since you guys have done this to multiple Libertys I figured this would be the place to get all the info I need to make an informed decision. Any way to correct the rake without spending a ton of money? Or any pictures of how bad the rake is? Also does this kit come with the brake line relocation bracket?

I only recommend the .375 ( or 3/8 inch )
The .5 was for the ironmna springs that are no longer available in the US.
Does not come with bumpstops or brake line relacation bracket ( you must have an 06 or 07 if asking about them )
Only way to not have a rake is what I suggested before

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have an 06. I knew it didn't come with bumpstops so I planned on getting those. I wonder if JBA would let me swap the rears for OME 948's. If not I will just deal with it. At this point it won't bother me too much. The suspension is hammered and needs replaced.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have an 06. I knew it didn't come with bumpstops so I planned on getting those. I wonder if JBA would let me swap the rears for OME 948's. If not I will just deal with it. At this point it won't bother me too much. The suspension is hammered and needs replaced.

You could always buy everything piece by piece
springs
shocks
UCAs
bumpstops
etc etc

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a positive rake or negative? I'm going with the econo lift either way but am just wondering. Also I appreciate all the help and will post pics when it's all done.

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm sure it isn't too bad. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of one you installed would you. My wife is wondering what it is going to look like when it's done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I'm sure it isn't too bad. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of one you installed would you. My wife is wondering what it is going to look like when it's done.

How height do you want ? LOL Have a bunch that I will post on here later

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Difference between sagged stock and about 4 inches on mine ( black one )
You must be registered for see images attach

2.5 inches of lift on my green one

Mine at 4 inches / 265-75-16s and my friend with 3.75 and 245-75-16s

Ohio M&G

3.5 inches of lift on 245-70-16s

Few of the other ones that went through my garage

Last edited:

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing going with the econo I will be somewhere between your green one and the white one. Correct? If so that is exactly what I wanted.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing going with the econo I will be somewhere between your green one and the white one. Correct? If so that is exactly what I wanted.

More like the black one in front of mine in the one pic when settled in ( front) rear will be somewhat higher

My green one is 2.5, the white one is 3.5

jeepinwyoming

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks for all the info. I will order it all next payday. Then get it installed. I've got a good mechanic here that is really fair with his prices. He said $350 to install the lift. If I was mechanically inclined I would attempt it. And it's basketball season for the kids so I never have time anyway. I will post pics when it's done.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks for all the info. I will order it all next payday. Then get it installed. I've got a good mechanic here that is really fair with his prices. He said $350 to install the lift. If I was mechanically inclined I would attempt it. And it's basketball season for the kids so I never have time anyway. I will post pics when it's done.

Sounds great can't wait to see it