Lift install question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally have everything I need to install my lift. I will be replacing the shocks, springs, and UCAs front and rear. If I was able to do this at home I wouldn't be worried, but because I have to install everything in a parking lot, I'm concerned about any problems that may arrise. So I was hoping someone could help me out with any problem areas that I should worry about. More specifically like bolts or anything that would require additional parts. I'm thinking I might buy these ahead of time just in case I need it. I don't want to leave my Jeep in a parking lot overnight. Thanks guys.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as your suspension isn't all rusted to all get out you should be fine. I installed mine a few times in a gravel driveway. Squirt some penetrating oil a few days ahead and everything will come off with hand tools.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I changed my mind. I'm just gonna usurp my buddy's garage for the weekend and do it there. That way if something goes wrong it'll be in a safe place and I won't blow money unnecessarily.

Austerity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I changed my mind. I'm just gonna usurp my buddy's garage for the weekend and do it there. That way if something goes wrong it'll be in a safe place and I won't blow money unnecessarily.

Sounds like a much better idea than a parking lot. :sparta:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I ended up using a friend's garage. After day one of my lift install, my jeep is still there. The rear is done. The front I have completely taken apart. I attempted to do the front springs myself only because there were no places open that could do it on a Saturday. I got the first one taken apart, and said screw it, I'm just gonna wait til monday and have a shop do the other one. The JBA Y-link extension in the rear was a complete PITA to install. The engineering on the front had me cussing. Why they would mount brake lines right behind the UCA bolts just doesn't make any sense. But all in all, thanks to everything I've read here, everything was pretty straight forward and I didn't have any surprises. Preliminary measurement I was at 18" all the way around before I started, and the rear is sitting at 22 1/4" on both sides after.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Make sure you post pictures of it gets done!

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk