Lift for 05 KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaKJ

Reaction score
I recently purchased a "Rockfather II" lift kit for my 05 Liberty. This was prior to me finding this website. My question is, has anyone heard anything about this kit? I am currently going to keep my original tire size until they have a little more mileage on them, but I would like to increase my tire height and width, however when will I start to notice a power decrease. My jeep gets plenty of off-road time in So Cal and AZ, but is still a daily driver on the So Cal Freeways. I understand there is no perfect solution without compromise but I would appreciate some views to help me make a decision.

P.S. The forums on this website have so far been a great source of info so thanks.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn arent those kits $$$? RRO's 2.5" puck lift for most hasnt been the best....I'd try searching on the JeepsUnlimited.com forum and the LOST forum (http://p087.ezboard.com/bkjjeep).

For 800 bucks I'd try and return the Rockfather kit for a Rusty's Offroad 2.5" coil lift and spend the extra 300 bucks on skids if you dont already have them.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard about that kit, I have not heard any feedback (positive or negative).

But I agree with SRotblat. The best value kit seems to Rusty's, the best overall kit seems to be the Frankin kit from All-j

Ian

raceinfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RETURN IT!!!! [-X GET THE RUSTY'S 2.5 FULL SUSP. KIT,I'm a member of L.O.S.T. and there's alot of bad reviews about RRO everyone is running rusty's,franken lift,or old man emu,rusty's is the most common plus a HELL of alot cheaper$420 I believe

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, take that lift back and get the Rusty's lift.

CoronaKJ

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and looked at the rusty's kit and decided to follow your advice and cancel my order for the rockfather II and go with the rockys suspension lift. Thanks for the help I'll let you know how it works out when I get it installed and get a chance to go excercise it.

CoronaKJ

Reaction score
Recieved My Kit Toaday

I recieved my Lift Kit from Rusty's today and I am hoping to install it myself, However they did not send any instructions. It appears very simple, and my mechanical ability is fine; it just that I am still making payments on this vehicle and this will be my first lift install. Anyone out there have instructions for the kit or advice. It's the 2 1/2" spring lift with shocks and struts. \:D/

CoronaKJ

Reaction score
Well the 2 1/2" rusty's spring lift is in, and thanks for the help on the decision making process to the instructions on installation. Took it out to the hills to try it out and what an immense difference. It was great and makes for a much more enjoyable time on getting to know the KJ's capabilities and to improving my wife and I offroading skills. We had a blast today! I took pictures and when I figure out how to get them from my camera to computer to internet I will post them. On to my next question? The Clevis pin lift? if that is right. What is it exactly and is it worth it i.e. pros and cons, and does it make a big difference. Again thanks for all the info and help provided thus far. Now I can't wait to waste the wrangler sr/a 's and get some real tires.

CoronaKJ

Reaction score
I purchased the kit direct from rusty's offroad i just went to their website figured out exactly what I wanted, then gave them a call and ordered it. It came from Alabama to Southern California in about 6 days. I have had it for a couple weeks now and have abused it greatly and I have had no problems whatsoever except I still have road tires on since I am to cheap to by MT's until my road tires go bad. It's not happening fast enough. Anyways I am glad i changed my previous order and went with the Rusty's lift. \:D/