Lift car to replace sway bar bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the car is on flat surface and steering is straight must I lift the car before replacing the sway bar bushings? (and end links?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. But will make life 1000X easier.
Why bother trying to get to the end links with the tire still on? Seems like an unnecessary hassle to me, I'd just do one sway bar link at a time, then drive it onto ramps to do the bushings.
For the links, you'll likely need to jack up on the LCA to make the bolt holes line up once you've taken the old away bar link off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Given the car is on flat surface and steering is straight must I lift the car before replacing the sway bar bushings? (and end links?)

No need to plus if replacing the links needs to be on the ground with full weight anyways

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No. But will make life 1000X easier.
Why bother trying to get to the end links with the tire still on? Seems like an unnecessary hassle to me, I'd just do one sway bar link at a time, then drive it onto ramps to do the bushings.
For the links, you'll likely need to jack up on the LCA to make the bolt holes line up once you've taken the old away bar link off.

Just sitting on the ground is easier , why remove the wheels,( turn wheel one way then the other if need be) then up on ramps etc?

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool guys thanks. I managed to replace both bushings without jacking up the truck. Didn't have to do the end links gonna return the parts to Amazon. Thudding sound on steering is gone! I'm happy and thanks to this forum I saved a bunch of $$$

Pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online