License Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTN GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE: Licence Plates

Tim ,
Depending what state you're licenced in , those plates may or may not be legal....some states require you to have plates both front & rear.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
front and back are required in nyc, and now we cant even have license plate frames (the border ones). you MIGHT get pulled over. i used to have a jeep thing frame border but took it out.

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The state of Illinois requires two plates. Although frames are legal, those covers which are suppose to deter radar are not. In the Chicago 'burbs you either have to piss off the cop or if he has an attitude and or quota to meet, odds are you won't get a ticket for any of the illegal items I've mentioned. Same goes for Illinois State Police. In Chicago, forget about it. They don't usually waster their time with petty traffic issues.

-Hammer.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I see all kinds of plates around here, so if a cop pulls me over, he better have a pretty damn good reason!

Can't wait untill the plate gets here! Was only $12.95! the killer was the $5.95 shipping (standard shipping, OUCH!)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I have a few close friends that work on that side of the law, and regardless if it's petty or not, they would pull someone over for it. It really depends on the person that's going to be doing the pulling over, but for now i am not going to risk it

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool Tim. Indy doesn't require front plates either. IMO, it's a waste, just a bug catcher.

2003KJ

Reaction score
well, i'm looking for inexpensive mods for my Jeep. And since just about anything is a mod, this was cheap enough, and they look cool too!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, I meant that "state" plates are waste of tax dollars, not your Jeep plate. Now that's cool! Post a picture when you get it on. =D>

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Tim, I meant that "state" plates are waste of tax dollars, not your Jeep plate. Now that's cool! Post a picture when you get it on. =D>

ahhhh...LOL! That makes more sense! I've got untill next Monday off from work (gotta love factory shut down)\:D/ so i've lost the ability to think straight sometimes and completely forgot what day it is..LOL

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are required to have front plates in TX as well. *****, I hate them. I would rather put a cool plate up front \:D/

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, i just love it when i forget what day it is, makes me feel all warm inside.

Heres my front plate+the new tow hooks i just put on. Got it from walmart for $6. actually a good friend got it for me, but i paid him back, he also drives a kj.

You must be registered for see images attach

2003KJ

Reaction score
I almost got that one, but the green kinda goes a little better with the color on the rest of my Jeep.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I've got untill next Monday off from work (gotta love factory shut down)\:D/ so i've lost the ability to think straight sometimes and completely forgot what day it is..LOL

Same here Tim. I haven't been sure what day it has been since last week myself. So this is what retirement is going to be like?! Sleep in, stay up late, eat whenever, what fun! :beerchug:

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Can't wait till retirement!!

What do you do for a living grogie?

Marketing Manager for a Mortgage Co (advertising, PR, promotions, sales training, etc.). I don't care for the company and I do not plan on retiring with them.

I am banking on my wife's career (Bio-Chemist, scheduled to retire 2028). We can't wait either! If we ever have a kid, I'll probably stay home. Before this job, I was unemployed for five months, and I loved it. I had outdoor projects going on, messed around in the garage, had meals on the table, who needs office politics? :scratch:

How about you?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Work in the sales department for a company that manufactures Cigarette filters for the big companies such as RJR (in the town next to us) B&W, and many others across the world (alot in the U.K., it's a british owned company....which is why I hate every minute of it ](*,) )

I'm the ehad of the sales department. It's my job to make sure the clients are happy and keep coming back for more. This includes taking them out to very expensive resturants for lunch and dinner (the main reason my car has to look nice, can't take the big wigs out in a Jeep plastered in mud..LOL).

The reason i Hate it is i'm not a "manager". So I don't get a company car, and 6 digits a year, but I do all their work. They run off to tenis games on company time and i'm stuck in the office doin their work. It really *****! I'm fed up with them. I'm no longer doing work that I am not required to do. And if they fire me, I will sue them in a heart beat b/c they have no reason to. Last year when we got the snow they called me in the morning and said "ohh, so now that you have 4X4, we'll see you shortly!" My response, "I don't get paid enough, I don't have a company car like the others, and I don't feel like risking my new car to the others out there who can't drive in snow. I'll be in tomorrow if the roads are better" And I hung up the phone. No more of this crap...

Thank god Dell is building that new plant not too far away. I'm gonna try my hardest to land a job there.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, my biggest complaint is that they aren't paying me what I have been promised twice. Like you it sounds, I'm doing all the work already so why bother to give me that raise? Plus I was originally suppose to have two assistants. I really only need one, but I can't get that either. I need to dust off the resume again...

Anyway, so you work in the smoking industry? My wife just bought me a humidor. I went by a smoke shop today to get it going. I don't smoke a lot, but it's nice to have a cigar on the right occasion. Some smoke magazine I saw listed the Wrangler as a great smoke vehicle. I can see that...

Latest posts

Members online