Liberty longetivity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lostintheforest

Reaction score
My liberty has about 202,000 mostly highway miles and seems to be doing well. Although I'd like to have a Grand Cherokee, it's nothing I need in these current prices, which leads me to my question- how long are these Jeep engines good for when taken care of? And speaking of 3.6L Grand Cherokee's, is that a good platform? 5.7 would be ok if it has some sort of cylinder shut off that returns good highway mileage. I've been looking at 2014-2016ish. So many different option levels, are there any levels folks prefer over others? 4WD is the only need but only rarely used. Oh, and I'll be putting a mc hitch carrier on the back for hauling a 250lb dirt bike and possibly a 500lb bike. It appears I like the Alpine trim level but definitely don't need the Track Hawk or $$$$$ level packages.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Man is that ever a loaded question
I have over 232,000 on my 04 that I bought brand new and i would drive it from Ohio to California tomorrow and trust it
Then I have worked on some with 75,000 miles that I hardly trusted to take it on a test drive
All depends on how it was maintained and taken care of
My 03 and 05 were both bought with about 70,000 plus miles on them BUT came with all service records from day 1 and were one owner KJs
SO,....without knowing the history of yours it is a shot in the dark

As far as Grand Cherokees , you can have them, plus if thinking of hanging a 500 pound bike off the rear better be upgrading the suspension A LOT

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My May 2002 Export Diesel turns 20 on May 15!

Has about 190,000 kms on the clock and still goes we BUT I must get the Cam Belt replaced as it was replace about 6 months ago!

I hate the Dealers here though...total useless!

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '06 Liberty has 200k miles and running strong, even after 2 pegged overheats. But like Mr. Mudd says, all in the care.
I bought a 2015 GC (WK2) a year ago with 78k miles. Been running it up and down the East coast since and thoroughly enjoy it. The 3.6 is fine...no jumping off the line but I have maxed at 27 mpg in Eco mode on I-95. Also pulled a uhaul trailer..granted not heavily loaded from MD to GA and had no issues. I was only looking at Limiteds without the air suspension. The idea being there are some lifts for the non-air setups if I decide to go there. There a re a lot on the road and I think they were in the rental fleets so you should be able to get one. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online