Liberty height with lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dystynkt

Reaction score
Hey all,
My wife has a Liberty and I am going to be getting myself a new car soon. I am considering getting another Libby, but I would probably throw a ~3" lift kit with some oversized tires on mine. I just need to know from anyone that has a similar setup what the overall height of your vehicle is. My spot is in the parking garage at my condo and I need to make sure it will fit. (6ft clearance). Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of things to consider
type of lift ( not all give a true 3 inch say)
type and size of tires ( again this can add up to an inch or so over stock )
so when getting info get all of that information to have a true height

dystynkt

Reaction score
Lots of things to consider
type of lift ( not all give a true 3 inch say)
type and size of tires ( again this can add up to an inch or so over stock )
so when getting info get all of that information to have a true height

I know that it will differ based on all of those, but I am just trying to get an average here or a measurement from someone who has a lift. I looked at the clearance of my garage again this weekend and it is more like 6'10, so I doubt I will have an issue without going to big.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine measures at a little under 7 ft. I know I can fit in the 7 ft. garages downtown... but I don't chance it with anything lower than that.

dystynkt

Reaction score
Mine measures at a little under 7 ft. I know I can fit in the 7 ft. garages downtown... but I don't chance it with anything lower than that.

Thanks for the input. I am going to have to get a tape measure out and figure out exactly how much clearance I have.

12gaftw

Reaction score
Does the garage have a bar across the entrance (like a parking garage) that says the height? If so then there might be water pipes or low hanging spots in the garage.

dystynkt

Reaction score
Does the garage have a bar across the entrance (like a parking garage) that says the height? If so then there might be water pipes or low hanging spots in the garage.

It does indeed. Thanks for the replies but I ended up going with a wrangler instead. With the new tires & wheels I just put on the Jeep barely fits into the garage, but it fits!

Latest posts

Members online