Liberty ate a Dodge Stratus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
yeaaa.... forgive the crap-ass phone pictures, only camera I've got :disgust:

no photos of the stratus, but it was totaled. Cousin was driving the Liberty and I was in my Wrangler. we stopped at the car wash to clean the salt off the under carriage and other mechanicals, and give the engines a rinse. Afterward we were on our way to wal-mart to pick up a quart of oil for the Liberty, which seems to have a taste for oil. (LOL you go to wal-mart for oil?!) It was 1 o' clock in the morning, nobody else open. I work 3:30 PM - Midnight, so night time is my day time.

anyhow, we stopped at an intersection side by side, we're responsible drivers and we love the Jeeps. We begun accelerating as normal, I was roughly a car length or two ahead, and I notice the Liberty starting to slide.. I look in my driver side rear view and said to my buddy in my Jeep with me "oh look, timmy (driving the liberty) is sliding.." and then SMACK. He went right up into someone's driveway and ate the rear end of their dodge stratus. apparently the roads were beginning to ice over, and he found out the hard way.

Funny thing is, the people in the house never woke up.. I wasn't gonna be the one to wake them to this kinda scene, so I waited on the police to show up. took the police man a few bangs on the door before they finally came outside- they're owners of large parrots (which you could hear standing in the road outside while we were waiting on the police) so I imagine they've learned to sleep reeeeally hard. the woman was just happy nobody was hurt, but her husband came stomping out (with a prosthetic leg, in his underwear, in freezing temperatures) yelling GD GD HOPE YA GOT INSURANCE and yadda yadda. Mister police man said (and I quote) "Get yo' ass back in the house and get some clothes on and stop actin' a fool in front of all these people, it was an accident, things like this happen) needless to say he quieted down after that.

thanks to you mister officer and the woman (who owned the stratus) for being so calm and understanding, this was our first accident experience and you two made it go very smoothly. I truely appreciate it. and I appologize for totaling your stratus :freak3:

anyhow- after all the information was taken care of, mister officer says "if you think it's drive-able, go ahead and get it out of the yard, we're done here." ooookie dokie. The liberty was buried up to the control arms in soft earth (it took a straight path through their yard with tires locked up) .. I hopped in it, stuck it in 4-LO and eeeased it on outta there, bounced over the curb, timmy jumped in it, I jumped in the wrangler, and we headed for the house.

This is the aftermath- The Liberty drives straight, no harm done to the mechanicals or engine bay whatsoever. The stratus was totaled. (sorry, no pictures of it.) Estimated cost for repairs is $4,111.71 .... glad I left full coverage on it when I paid it off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about the damage. At least insurance will fix it and nobody was hurt.

Dave