Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny_Hurst

Reaction score
If I install some of these will I need a alignment? Or anything else for that matter? My rear is fine but I want to add a winch and can't afford to loose anymore up front.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer your question.
Yes, you will need an alignment.

As for the rest of the idea.....

Don't do it.

The old OEM springs WILL NOT properly support the weight of a winch. If they have sagged by just the weight of the Jeep, how do you suppose they will react when the weight of the winch is added?
And the spacers will only compress the springs even more

Just a bad deal all around.

The only way to do this properly is to upgrade the springs, and that means getting new shocks also.

Old Man Emu HD springs upfront and MD in the rear

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I install some of these will I need a alignment? Or anything else for that matter? My rear is fine but I want to add a winch and can't afford to loose anymore up front.
You must be registered for see images attach

Worst idea ever
as mentioned springs are already sagged some
shocks are weak
Need at the very least OME 927s to support winch and if aftermarket bumper 790 springs
And of course new either bilstien or OME shocks only, nothing else
If you are going to do it, do it right the fist time instead of causing much more work and money for yourself

We've done over 55 KJ lifts here not including various ones on my 04 and the 03. Stock springs are junk from the get go
Also have ran ARB, RockLizard etc front bumper with winches , so just a bit of notice that that spacer lift will only cost you money down the road

Last edited:

Danny_Hurst

Reaction score
Thank I no nothing about lifting these jeeps, the rear is fine but the front is sagging. I can't do anything much over stock height my wife is disabled and won't be able to get in it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank I no nothing about lifting these jeeps, the rear is fine but the front is sagging. I can't do anything much over stock height my wife is disabled and won't be able to get in it.

Fully understand about getting people in and out. My Mother is 86 and Step father 91 now. But have issues in getting in and out of any vehicle. They used to be able to get up in the 04 with 4 inches of lift and 32s, now having some issues with the 03 with 2.5 inches of lift and 31s . That is one reason why the 05 is still stock .
But you can still do a better suspension with 925s in front , they will give you little more than an inch over new stock height. Problem is they won't hold up under a winch and aftermarket bumper

Danny_Hurst

Reaction score
Not going to do aftermarket bumper, doing a front hitch with just a 6000 pound winch.
Sounds like they might work for that, let me know if I'm wrong.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the TeraFlex version of those spacers. It was not align-able, and wore the first 30% of new tires crooked (top of tire stuck out.) It took corrected upper control arms to get it back in range.

You could track down a pair of KK clevis forks ('08+). Wreckers usually sell them as a strut assembly. $100 or so might be a good option for the 1/2" longer forks and less-sagged coils.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not going to do aftermarket bumper, doing a front hitch with just a 6000 pound winch.
Sounds like they might work for that, let me know if I'm wrong.

Are you going to run the winch up front all the time or just when you need it. If only a few minutes at a time then, would work but not ideal. Springs are made to carry so much weight.
Stock springs from the factory are rated at 310 lb, OME 925s are rated at 350, right about what Jeep should of installed on these from the get go.
Plus you should do a 4, only upgrading one end will make for some squirrely handling