Left Tail Light not working - Liberty 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liz Peck

Reaction score
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I have a Liberty 2007 that has its left tail light not working. I have replaced both the left and right tail light assemblies and both have new, working bulbs. The brake light which uses the same bulb as the tail light DOES work. Just the tail light (running night light) does not. Any idea why? And how to fix? Thanks so much.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a multimeter that you can use to test for current? I’d be interested to know if there is no voltage coming to the tail light or whether the ground is bad and it can’t make a complete circuit to the battery. Once you know that you can follow wires and look for damage.

Liz Peck

Reaction score
Yeah, I know I need to buy one to test this out. Car is at my daughter's school right now. Won't have it back until Thanksgiving.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Could also follow light back to connector, and give a quick squirt of contact cleaner.
Sometimes corrosion could be the issue.

stelarose

Reaction score
hi, Have you solved this problem yet? I also have the same problem

Liz Peck

Reaction score
;)[/QUOTE]
What exactly is the problem?

Left side or right?

Does the brake ight work but not the tail light?

What year/model is it?
;)
hi, Have you solved this problem yet? I also have the same problem

2007 Jeep Liberty. I did solve it and it turns out it was a fuse. I realized that the front driving light was out as well. I'd assumed that both back lights were on the same fuse and both front the same, but the fuses are specific to left side f/b and right side f/b. Turned out to be an easy fix. :)