Left foot rest???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimm

Reaction score
(Aeh) Has anyone thought about making a left foot rest (dead pedal)? I think it would help comfort a little on long trips. They sell one for tj's but I would rather custom make one. Any ideas? The floor mat will be in the way but maybe it could be velcro'd down.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made one. I went to the spare parts section (at Pepboys) but they all have them and bought at rubber replacement pad that I felt was the right size, then got some heavy duty 3m double sided tape, and applied the hook portion of velcro to that and trimmed any extra. Make sure to let the tape set up in a warm room, too cold and it won't stick properly.

Then just stuck it on the bump portion that DC considers a dead pedal.
I did this mostly to keep from getting grease on the carpeting.
It's improvised but it works.

Jimm

Reaction score
O:) I made one today. Used a piece of 2X4 painted it black. Stuck on a non slip rubber pad that is used on boat trailers. Stuck it to the floor with carpet tape. Dosen't get in the way of brake or floor mat.
Similar to what is in my taurus. I'm happy with it.

Jimm

Reaction score
bbermann said:
Any possibility of a photo? I'm havin' a little trouble picturing this. Thanks
I can't take pictures. A piece of 2X4 about 8" long painted black to match carpet. Used carpet tape to fasten it to the small hump (dead pedal) in carpet.