LED Headlight Coversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davebuch

Reaction score
Looking to replace original headlights and convert both headlights and fog lights to LED's. Anyone have experience/tips with certain brands?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read around the different sections on the site you'll see that it's not really worth it unless you'd like to have flood lights for headlights
LEDs in a halogen housing don't project down the road a lot, just out in front so they're useless
Also no company makes any sort of aftermarket LED headlights for KJs
It'll help you out if you read around, there's plenty of info

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest in this order in terms of usable light.

hids with a projector mod > hids in Stock housing > 55w 9005 halogen mod In the fogs > high end halogen bulbs > leds.

I have hids I'm my headlights 5500k (diamond white) but will be going down to 4300k or 4500k because the pure white light doesn't show up well on wet roads like a bulb temperature closer to sunlight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Davebuch

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to learn the breakdown of the site.

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest in this order in terms of usable light.

hids with a projector mod > hids in Stock housing > 55w 9005 halogen mod In the fogs > high end halogen bulbs > leds.

I have hids I'm my headlights 5500k (diamond white) but will be going down to 4300k or 4500k because the pure white light doesn't show up well on wet roads like a bulb temperature closer to sunlight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Daylight is actually 6000k same as a camera flash

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read around the different sections on the site you'll see that it's not really worth it unless you'd like to have flood lights for headlights
LEDs in a halogen housing don't project down the road a lot, just out in front so they're useless
Also no company makes any sort of aftermarket LED headlights for KJs
It'll help you out if you read around, there's plenty of info

The LED's I put in my KJ far outshine(distance) then the Hella 80w/100w halogen bulbs they replaced,about twice the distance,even when pointed down(since I'm lifted so high).They should have well over twice the reach when I aim them correctly.

Davebuch

Reaction score
The LED's I put in my KJ far outshine(distance) then the Hella 80w/100w halogen bulbs they replaced,about twice the distance,even when pointed down(since I'm lifted so high).They should have well over twice the reach when I aim them correctly.

Any links to the product itself?

nantucketer

Reaction score
I've had LED headlights for almost two years now, since I bought my KJ, and they shine further down the road than my halogens did. I rarely use the highs anymore since my lows are so bright. Don't know what the other guy is talking about. I'd have to look for a link to my headlamps but they might also be the VisionX lamps. I do know that I paid $99 and they're Chinese made (go figure) and I was doubting them lasting more than 6 months. Plug 'n play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came across this review of led bulbs. They test them in a Ram headlight and GTR gen 3 Ultra and Supernova V.3 seem to be the best. I have NO affiliation with the channel or anything else, but it seems insightful to the topic. Also. I have no experience with led bulbs, so I cannot give a "real world" opinion.

https://youtu.be/SQF5ESBHLrw