Lean in the back-What to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hollombj

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2010 KK 4wd. Noticed the rear leaning to the drivers side. Did not measure but lean is probably 1/2-1 in. Not severe but definitely noticeable. Read previous posts about this condition but still confused as to whether this is something to be concerned about or worth getting into it with the dealership. Any comments/suggestions appreciated.Buy the way, I looove my jeep and this is a great site!

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a 2010 KK 4wd. Noticed the rear leaning to the drivers side. Did not measure but lean is probably 1/2-1 in. Not severe but definitely noticeable. Read previous posts about this condition but still confused as to whether this is something to be concerned about or worth getting into it with the dealership. Any comments/suggestions appreciated.Buy the way, I looove my jeep and this is a great site!

It's brand new and under warranty so bug the shit out of the stealership until they get it right! Dont forget to take pictures with a tape measure at all four corners before you take it in.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Jim.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
they all lean to the left. there is more weight on the left side of all libertys. i just added an extra spring iso pad when i lifted mine to get the back level. on the front i just turned the coilover some more and mine rides perfectly level on all 4 corners.

hollombj

Reaction score
Thanks guys, but I don't think the gas tank has anything to do with it.The lean is the same whether the tank is full or almost empty.Also there is visible lean to the front.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a gas tank or more weight should not be a reason for a noticeable lean. There is no excuse. Does this mean it is more likely to roll to left than right? It is like the dealer claiming all jeeps pull to the left to avoid colliding with the pedestrians on the sidewalk in case of dozing off, etc.. (true story heard from an idiot sales man)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It is the term used to describe the front being lower than the rear. Allegedly it saves gas or something. I hate it personally on my Commander.
It does make the vehicle more aerodynamic.

Once upon a time I had a Liberty that was only halfway lifted. I drove it this way for a very long time, read: MONTHS.

The rear end was lifted, but not the front.

I averaged 25MPG highway while it was like that. No lie.

Normal "level" MPG was about 22-23ish.

Also, I personally like the look. Reminds me of a crouching dog. :)

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Where were you guys 20+ years ago when all new Jeeps did that?

Leaning to one side is normal for all vehicles. It's just more pronounced with something tall and narrow like a Jeep.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Turn your flatbill to the high side,lean counter to the Jeep and roll on.

hollombj

Reaction score
Thanks for all the response,but I am still confused whether this is "normal" or not.Talked to the service manager at my dealership yesterday and he said he had never seen that before and to bring it in they would correct whatever it was. I will keep you posted.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Thanks for all the response,but I am still confused whether this is "normal" or not.Talked to the service manager at my dealership yesterday and he said he had never seen that before and to bring it in they would correct whatever it was. I will keep you posted.

How about some pics next to another new Liberty?

I wonder if your springs could be on the wrong side. Crazier things have happened inside factories.

Latest posts

Members online