Leak at metal hose behind radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kawika322

Reaction score
I have a 2007 4wd automatic transmission Jeep Liberty. Today I returned from a week trip away and when I started driving my jeep I noticed it was shifting rough/slipping not going into next gear smooth. When I got home I checked underneath and noticed a large leak coming from the front passenger side, dripping/flowing heavily with red/orange fluid from the metal pipe running parallel and underneath the radiator in the front . I'm thinking this is transmission fluid and related to the shifting issue. I have attached a pic of where I see the leak to be. Any suggestions to help temporarily seal the leak before I take it to a mechanic would be great, because I don't want to drive it with that much fluid leaking.

Thanks

Last edited:

Kawika322

Reaction score
Here is the picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190917-170534_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190917-170534_Gallery.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 12

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that fluid looks terrible, moisture got in ? / milkshake?
I would not drive it like that. I would have it towed in for repairs.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran it dry. Air mixed in fluid.
Normally you can use fuel rated hose and some clamps make a quick fix and refill. But yea. Order the line set and fix

Members online

No members online now.