Lca drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to drop my lower control arm in my 04 KJ...when I disconnect the piece that connects the front strut/spring to the LCA, will the strut/spring assembly stay compressed? Additionally, If I use a ball joint puller to seperate the LCA from the lower ball joint will it seperate in such a manner that I can slide the bolt of the lower ball joint back into the LCA, or will I need a balljoint press?[

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
The LBJ will stay with the knuckle ... unless separated with a press. The coil over will stay in one piece but will relax (lengthen) once the clevis is removed. Hope that covers it.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LBJ will stay with the knuckle ... unless separated with a press. The coil over will stay in one piece but will relax (lengthen) once the clevis is removed. Hope that covers it.

Thanks Buddy! Very helpful. Will I be able to get that spring back in place by hand?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If unlifted you should be able to real easy

Also all you have to do to knock the LBJ loose is to hit it with a hammer a couple of times, just a couple of good whacks will do it

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If unlifted you should be able to real easy

Also all you have to do to knock the LBJ loose is to hit it with a hammer a couple of times, just a couple of good whacks will do it

I am lifted 3 inches....should I not attempt this?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
You will need some good ratchet straps to pull the clevis back in once it is reattached to the coil-over.

I assume your replacing your LCA's?

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need some good ratchet straps to pull the clevis back in once it is reattached to the coil-over.

I assume your replacing your LCA's?

The bushings. The camber bolts are frozen in the bushings and need to be cut....can I cut those and replace the bushings without dropping the whole arm? I am having a heck of a time getting the bolt out of the clevis!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The bushings. The camber bolts are frozen in the bushings and need to be cut....can I cut those and replace the bushings without dropping the whole arm? I am having a heck of a time getting the bolt out of the clevis!!!
3 inch lift is easy enough to get back in, may need rachet straps just to be a little easier its when you start stuffing 4 plus in it gets harder:insane:

Yes you can just cut the bolts, do you have new ones? Most times dealer has to order them so be prepared. If replacing the LCAs then the bushings will be in the arms

What are you trying to do ? Are you replacing the arms or ??

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 inch lift is easy enough to get back in, may need rachet straps just to be a little easier its when you start stuffing 4 plus in it gets harder:insane:

Yes you can just cut the bolts, do you have new ones? Most times dealer has to order them so be prepared. If replacing the LCAs then the bushings will be in the arms

What are you trying to do ? Are you replacing the arms or ??

Changing the bushings, but the camber bolts are rusted solid inside of the bushings so I have to cut the camber bolts...its a mess, but a good learning experience....I have the two camber bolts...they were 20 bux a piece from the dealer, steep, but not as steep as I expected.....

Latest posts

Members online