LCA Bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a random thought....but I am cutting the LCA bolts on my 04 KJ, and they may be the hardest piece of steel I have ever encountered....what a nightmare. The sawzall and torch metal blade wont even touch it...Im having to use an angle grinder.

WarVet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you need to cut them off?

They are rusted and frozen to the inside of the bushing....I'm a 275 lb man and couldnt get them off with a sledge....I have it off now, but I still cant get the bushings out of the LCA...any suggestions?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting bushings out of lca are usually met with great difficulty. Buy new or find a shop with a 20 Ton press or larger.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Saw around the rubber,knock bolt and inner sleeve out,then work at scoring-cutting the outer sleeve to where you can use a chisel to peel it out. A good vise,plenty of time,liquor are required. Way easier to get complete units. Good luck. Take pictures.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on mine. We opted to cut the bolts, and source another control arm from a junkyard. Much easier, and relatively cheap.