larger avatar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bennett, I could not use my old avatar once I changed it, so it is now pretty small. I mean 80x80 pxl is just TOO small, can you do something about this?
Please consider letting people use at least 125x125 and have 50KB, now it is pretty small and needs to be compressed to hell to get an avatar working.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I would go against it. it would just clutter everything up. sigs are already getting bigger and bigger, and having the left side w/ a bigger avatar would just be ridiculous.

but thats just me.. I am old school like that

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I can bump up the KB, but let me look into the sizing to see what it is at. I think anything over 100 pixels would be too big. Jon's is about the size of 98 x 91 and it looks good.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Jon, why don't you try changing your avatar.

Bennett, all those avatars got transferred from old server works fine, (actually jon's current file size and dimentions are over the limit on VB) :) so if anyone tries to change them they will be limited to 80x and 19.5 KB.
Try yourself! :) So I guess 100x, and 50kb will work fine, and allow gifs. :)

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Jon, why don't you try changing your avatar.

Bennett, all those avatars got transferred from old server works fine, (actually jon's current file size and dimentions are over the limit on VB) :) so if anyone tries to change them they will be limited to 80x and 19.5 KB.
Try yourself! :) So I guess 100x, and 50kb will work fine, and allow gifs. :)

You are correct, sir. I noticed this too when I changed mine one day, then it was too late to back to the one I had that was bigger. It use to be 111 x 111 I think, now 80 x 80. Not a huge deal though.:cool:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
finally, my original avatar is back.
thank you

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is strange....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did before.. and then you cannot go back to it. .:D i know

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still curious as to why I can't make my avatar any bigger than 80x80, but most other ones are more like 100x100....and it's not the one left over from the old site, they've been updated recently in the bigger size but for some reason I cannot make mine any bigger than what it is now?? just aggravating is all.....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bennett must have done something to reset it to original

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I frequent a local Jeep forum that uses vB, and the admin over there has it set up so that you can get a larger avatar by donating to support the site. There is of course some overkill - one person has an avatar that's 396x260 :eek: But I think having the ability to have a larger avatar (say 150x150) in exchange for supporting the site might be something to consider.

Reminds me I need to order some stickers from Bennett :eek:
EDIT: done :D

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Bennett is alive? :D