Large Evap leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just replaced the gas cap with an OEM as well as the Evap purge valve, ( not OEM) cleared the CEL but now the new purge Valve is making some wired noices, pretty sure that's not normal

http://imgur.com/gallery/rRia33L

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

devauxr

Reaction score
My understanding is that the valve shouldn't be doing that much work in general, are you sure the EVAP leak isn't somewhere else and the valve is opening and closing due to a leak somewhere else. I thought it was closed when the vehicle was off and then opened gradually while running to purge the canister. So even if it was malfunctioning it would either be opened or closed whereas in your video it sounds like it's constantly opening and closing.

Edit: There are some EVAP diagrams online, I'd run through the whole system and check the valves. I'm fairly certain you can check them with a multimeter but I'm not sure what the readings for the individual components should be, maybe someone else could chime in with that info.

Last edited:

CWBenjamin

Reaction score
Does it sound like it is hissing, or letting air out? That's what happened to mine, and i found a leak where the tube runs from the Purge solenoid you showed in your video, to the back of the engine against the firewall... where it plugs into a short rubber tube connector the rubber was split and it was leaking air there.