KUHMOS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjliberator

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a question for ya'all. Is there anyone who runs Kuhmo MTs or is there anyone who has heard anything about them (good or bad)? I have heard that they are a great tire and I saw that they are really not that expensive for MTs. Any feedback is welcomed and if anyone has any other recommendations for other tires, feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot folks.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend runs them on his Landrover Discovery. I offroad with him frequently and they seem like good tyres. He has as much traction as I do with my BFG M/Tr's. I was going to get some for my next set because they are so much cheaper than most other mud terrain tyres in the UK. O:)

Ian

kjliberator

Reaction score
Hey kj lad, what does your friend say about them? How about the wear and ride? Do they have a good grip and strong sidewalls? Thanks for your response.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to him today. He reckons that the wear is pretty good and they ride well on and off road (or least as good as other M/Tr's on road). He reckons he can't answer the sidewall question because he doesn't usually need to air down as he tends to offroad on mud with minimal contact with rocks. The sidewalls are really not tested to their limit. But he hasn't had any problems yet and he has had them about 8500 miles so far.

Ian

kjliberator

Reaction score
Thanks KJ lad for the info. I already bought some Toyo ATs, but I will look into the Kuhmos in the future when I need to get more tires. Thanks again! By the way, how is the wheeling in Australia? Is it mostly dirt, mud, rocks? Thanks.

KJLIBERATOR

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in the UK, my friend so I'm not sure what the wheelin' is like is Oz :laughing6: (although I'd love to find out as I hear it's really good!). But the wheelin' over here is mainly mud, mud and more mud. O:) The slippery hills are the most fun. But the KJ just seems to go through anything I throw at it \:D/

By the way, I think you'll find that 265/75 r16's are 32". Did you need to do much trimming to fit under the front end?

Ian

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there lots of places to go wheeling in the UK, or is it fairly limited?

kjliberator

Reaction score
I also realized that when I put them on. I was told 265/75/16 was 31s, but I am still running them. They dont need that much trimming (mostly in the front, stupid weak bumper on the kj, soon to be taken off for a boulder bars bumper). I will post pics soon to show everyone how much trimming it needs and how SICK my KJ looks now with bigger tires and a lift!

KJLIBERATOR

p.s. kj lad, sorry about saying you were from australia, but I guess there was a mix up somewhere. Good to hear that your KJ can take all of that UK MUD! (do you run MTs?)

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 225/75 r16's BFG muds on a stock KJ. If you are serious about offroading over here muds are the only way to go! I have them on steel wheels and I run 235/70 r16's road tyres on the limited alloy wheels for normal driving.

Offroading is usually quite good over here. We have ancient rights of ways called green lanes that we use for fun. They are unpaved roads that run right through the countryside. They require a lot of skill! There are also specially opened clubs with obstacles that are usually mud related, but are interesting and very challenging. I would love to try some rock crawling in Utah, I reckon that would fun!

Coming to Orlando Florida in January 2005 so anybody who wants to show me Florida offroading, give me a shout! I'm renting a 2005 Grand Cherokee so I could try out :evil2:

Ian

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in Australia we got Dirt Rocks Mud Sand, desert rainforest beach and dunes open forest

depends where you want to go I spent last sturday on the Beach with my KJ, A couple of weeks before playing in the rainforest mud,

if you wanna check out some aussie wheeling go to

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/

all sorts of picks on there

where i live in queensland we have most of whats listed within an hours drive (apart from the Desert) thats 2 days drive away but in the same state

gerard

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fouros,

Just saw a tv program called 'discoverying Australia'. It was a guy in a Nissan Patrol and a guy in a Toyota Landcruiser crossing areas in the tropical north......... the wheeling looked fantastic! \:D/

Why did we dump the convicts in Auss when we could have left them in Britain and had Australia for ourselves O:)

Ian

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i often wondered that myself

it would have been a bigger punishment to have left em in old blighty and everyone else come out here \:D/

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One day I'll come over and be the Pom that wheeled Australia!

By the way, I'm also a biologist and would love to see the wildlife.

Ian

Latest posts

Members online