Knuckle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the knuckles on the 2002 the same as on 06? Or are they different, I have someone with an 06 knuckle that they are going to sell me because mine is bent; but im not sure if they are they same or not

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, how'd the knuckle get bent? But to the OP, I have no idea, my gut says yes but my gut is often wrong.

Stupid gut.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clue, during the post lift alignment, the mech said it was bent. Therefore he was unable to get the camber adjusted all the way, and i get some shake in the steering wheel if i go 55+

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'd be screaming BS. Something like that doesn't just show up after you put a lift on, unless you did some kinda crazy (censored) like using a 15' breaker bar on the knuckle to get it out of the way. Did the car shake before the lift?

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very little but also didnt have MTRs on, but thats why I am bringing it to my fathers mechanic soon, he is VERY reliable and trustworthy
These are the sheets
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy that story. Something like a steering knuckle doesn't bend. It may crack or break, but it doesn't bend. It's iron, not steel.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the tires balanced now, we will see if this works. If not any ideas what else could be causing the wheel shake? Also went to get a nail removed and plugged bit Mavis' policy says it's too close to sidewall for them to plug, it's actually going thru a lug on the tire near sidewall. Is this somethig I should try to patch myself? Would an inner tire patch work or?

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckles are the same part number for both years as per their respective parts manuals.

I wouldn't buy that story. Something like a steering knuckle doesn't bend. It may crack or break, but it doesn't bend. It's iron, not steel.
Not iron or steel anymore. ALUMINUM. Even the SRT-10 Ram uses aluminum knuckles to hold the bearing, hang 15" rotors and 4 piston calipers. It's one of the ways manufacturers found over the years to save weight.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knuckles are the same part number for both years as per their respective parts manuals.

Not iron or steel anymore. ALUMINUM. Even the SRT-10 Ram uses aluminum knuckles to hold the bearing, hang 15" rotors and 4 piston calipers. It's one of the ways manufacturers found over the years to save weight.
The KJ's knuckles are iron,the KK get aluminum.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
There's definitely somthing bent.

Vibration at 55ish is not caused by a bent knuckle though. Jack up the front end and check your tie rod ends.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, a friend suggested to look at the tie rods, does anyone have a picture I can reference a normal tie rod from? Is this a serious safety issue? How much are new tie rods/ends?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
THE TIE ROD END WILL CAUSE YOUR VIBRATION AND NOTHING MORE.

Bent parts will NOT cause a vibration; LOOSE parts will.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay sorry I'm a noob at mechanical issues, BUT the wheelbalance seemed to fix the issue. Thanks for the help and dealing with my questions veryone.

Andrew