KK starting problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
Every thousand miles or so I'm having an intermitten starting issue. I'll turn the key and it just keeps cranking. No start. I'll try again and have no problem. It doesn't happen often enough for me to be concerned, but should I be?

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
If it is intermittent, this going to be a pain to find unless it flags a DTC. To point you in the right direction, I would venture to say it is the WCM that is acting flaky..

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a JK and it did the same thing. Every once in awhile it would just turn over and not start. When I stopped and tried again, it would start.
I know you have a 3.7 and my JK has a 3.8, but they both have a crank position sensor, this may be the culprit, it was on mine.
The dealer changed out the sensor and it has not done it since.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
I have a JK and it did the same thing. Every once in awhile it would just turn over and not start. When I stopped and tried again, it would start.
I know you have a 3.7 and my JK has a 3.8, but they both have a crank position sensor, this may be the culprit, it was on mine.
The dealer changed out the sensor and it has not done it since.
Awesome....I'm still under warranty...probably should get it changed out....Thanks!!

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are very welcome! I hope this fixes your problem. Even if it is a minor problem, it is a very annoying one,......it was to me anyway.:D