KK Power seats shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtHead350

Reaction score
Love my 08 KK, bought used with 52K miles.
Issue is with both Front Power Seats.
If seat is not all the way back, or all the way forward, but in-between somewhere....
The seats will shift back/forth 1/4 to 1/2 inch with each acceleration or brake. It's enough of a movement to startle you everytime.
Have checked many times, nothing is loose anywhere under either seat. It seems that all the movement is within the tracks themselves.
I have searched and searched, nowhere can I find anyone complaining of the same. Nor can I find a "kit" or repair parts for the track, sliders, gears, etc.
Any advice would help.

rotary_powered

Reaction score
I have the same issue, it's aggravating to say the least. I had my seats out this weekend and it seemed that all the play was in the seat track mechanism, but I didn't have time to tear it down any further and try and diagnose. I couldn't tell if it was backlash in the motor mechanism, or from the gear set to the track

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a chime in here, I haven't had this issue in my Jeep but I have had this issue in a late model charger, I think it was a 2012. Ended up replacing the motor and track assembly. May or may not help. If you have a local you pull part place these KK Liberty's have been showing up in them. Worth a look. There have been three at my local yard.

Latest posts

Members online