KJ Winch Bumper - MOVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTJEEP

Reaction score
Spoke to the folks at MOVEBUMPERS.COM today... if they get more requests, they will pattern a 2005+ KJ, for steel bumper.

WRITTEN REQUESTS NEEDED ...

open their site..

Check " Customize your bumper" found in upper right corner of front page ..

Check "Can't find your truck"
Fill in the survey .... 6 - 10.more inquiries, should get their attention to start the process.

Spoke to Blue Lake , in Atlanta Georgia... they have a concept drawing + design for a 2005+ KJ ... still needing a KJ to finalize fit etc....

Anyone have a donor in the Atlanta area?

Mine's tore apart in Connecticut...

Thanks for adding your name to the request survey.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How many times have we heard that over the last twenty years
GOOD LUCK
in reality most do not want to take the time or energy to produce what maybe 10 bumpers
I know I had a list of over 30 KJ owners who said they wanted a rear affordable bumpser
In the end sold 9 , one ended up paying some, then a no show
In the end wasn"t worth it to continue

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL
I totally understand that they make unassembled kits
Good for them , they can design one for any year Wrangler and sell 1000 of them , make one for an 02-04 or 05-07 KJ and sell maybe 5 or so
Now which are you going to produce to keep your business in the black ?
and no one said a thing about
They make kits to assemble in your garage.. much less money than ARB
an ARB

What I stated was many folks/ businesses over the years have said they would look into building a front or rear bumper for a KJ or KK
VERY few have and not any longer since there just wasn't the demand for them
But when they looked at the overall number and who would actually buy one , the numbers were so low was not worth the hassle
Like I said above , I had people coming out of the woodwork wanting a rear bumper
but when it cam time to actually pay, they all disappeared

Just saying from past experiences over the past 45 years playing with 4X4s

By the way I ran an ARB for several years and well worth the money both in quality of the build and overall strength
I have also ran a Front Rock Lizard and a rear RL with dual swingouts
Ran all the above on the 04 over the years
Running one of mine on the rear of the 03 now

Last edited:

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I submitted a request with them! I suppose the great thing about these DIY kits is that for the manufacturer the overhead to offer a kit is so low. They just have to store the DWG file and then cut a kit when someone requests it. The inventory requirements are so minimal. Shipping costs must be lower too.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
LOL
I totally understand that they make unassembled kits
Good for them , they can design one for any year Wrangler and sell 1000 of them , make one for an 02-04 or 05-07 KJ and sell maybe 5 or so
Now which are you going to produce to keep your business in the black ?
and no one said a thing about

an ARB

What I stated was many folks/ businesses over the years have said they would look into building a front or rear bumper for a KJ or KK
VERY few have and not any longer since there just wasn't the demand for them
But when they looked at the overall number and who would actually buy one , the numbers were so low was not worth the hassle
Like I said above , I had people coming out of the woodwork wanting a rear bumper
but when it cam time to actually pay, they all disappeared

Just saying from past experiences over the past 45 years playing with 4X4s

By the way I ran an ARB for several years and well worth the money both in quality of the build and overall strength
I have also ran a Front Rock Lizard and a rear RL with dual swingouts
Ran all the above on the 04 over the years
Running one of mine on the rear of the 03 now
Current lead time was stated as 12 to 18 months when I was shopping for one (ARB) back in December.

That’s far too long for me to trust any vendor with that kind of money. Is why I gave up and will be welding my own.

Reactions: JRB

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Current lead time was stated as 12 to 18 months when I was shopping for one (ARB) back in December.

That’s far too long for me to trust any vendor with that kind of money. Is why I gave up and will be welding my own.
I would wait . with what my old ARB went through nothing else can compare

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I submitted a request with them! I suppose the great thing about these DIY kits is that for the manufacturer the overhead to offer a kit is so low. They just have to store the DWG file and then cut a kit when someone requests it. The inventory requirements are so minimal. Shipping costs must be lower too.
Yes and no,
you still have $$$$ tied up in designing one
and you can not just eat that or charge the first customer

Like the owner of BDS told me on one of my trips up the their plant
He stated that to design a full on kit, manufacture it , stock it etc
it was just not feasible for them to even think of doing it
He stated we have this kit , which is ok , but the market will never be big enough to do it
Same way as any folks that are serious in designing kits , the market is just not there
One bumper manufacture in Michigan looked at my rear bumper and I thought we may make a deal
and they were the same, not worth our time
and I was going to make them a heck of a deal

Latest posts

Members online