Killing TPM alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sunrisew

Reaction score
My 05 TPM modules seem to have died on everything but the spare, so the EVIC always warns me that the tires are low (which they are not), and the tire pressure light on the dash is on permanently. Is there any way to disable this warning and light, given they are no longer providing useful information?

Last edited:

Palozo

Reaction score
Hello

Excuse me my bad English.

My Liberty 2006 3.7 V6 has same problem. When I start it EVIC alerts low pressure spare tire. Car has 120,000 km (75,000mi).
In my opinion there is a little possibility to disable TPM by hacking/invading ECU. This must be done by a profesional. I'm trying to know If software ECM Titanium or Kess/K-Tag software can do that.

Lemon-T

Reaction score
My 05 TPM modules seem to have died on everything but the spare, so the EVIC always warns me that the tires are low (which they are not), and the tire pressure light on the dash is on permanently. Is there any way to disable this warning and light, given they are no longer providing useful information?
You could just open the dash and pull the physical light behind the TPM Syble on your dash. I just bought an 05 a few weeks ago just have not gotten around to trying pulling the light bulb out behind it.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Any good tire shop should be able to replace the sensor's and restore them to read correctly.
I'm glad my 04 has none of this nanny stuff going on.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no sensors to replace and no receiver to get the signal. Never did. This all started when my Jeep was broken into nine years ago and the little a$$h0l3$ tore the steering column to shreds. The "repair" apparently used the wrong BCM (or something - they had to replace $2,000 worth of crap the aforementioned sphincters tore up) and I am getting a phantom alert for a problem which isn't even there.

Latest posts

Members online