key mod ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewlkarim

Reaction score
anybody made a mod for the OEM KK key ?
honestly i hate it because it's so big.
wondering if anyone has made a mod to make it smaller or different.
Thank you.

tksautos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive seen people with Ford remote head keys get a key made by a locksmith that is just a copy of the key blade, and then cut the blade off of the remote that the car came with so its just like a fob and a key. Only thing is youve gotta keep the fob connected to the key on a key ring because it has to be close enough to the transponder reciever in the ignition in order for the car to start. (thats how it is on Fords anyhow). keep me posted if you decide to try it. Ive only got one key so i dont want to ruin it.

CwbySldr

Reaction score
Go onto ebay and look for flip keys. I had one on my previous car. it has the buttons and stuff then a small silver button that when you push, the metal part swings out. Easy in and out and it looks cool.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with Ebay for things like this. A lot of sellers will give you a key that isn't quite to OEM spec and can't be cut properly to fit. You won't find out until you pay to have it cut and the "chip" transferred over.