Key ignition actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybird91

Reaction score
So i had the issue with no start no click and discovered a piece that chipped off on the pin. Couldn't find the piece but still messed with the switch and was able to turn on the engine with a flat head and fired right up. I will need a new actuator i ordered (Dorman brand) . As you can see in the pics that lil edge was chipped. Couldn't believe it. I hope this solves the issue . Hope this helps as i was thinking it could have been the starter at first.

Attachments

• C059DAAF-EDF2-4A4E-A963-BB64873DF523.jpeg
    C059DAAF-EDF2-4A4E-A963-BB64873DF523.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 427EF15F-623A-4571-917E-E378493F2C00.jpeg
    427EF15F-623A-4571-917E-E378493F2C00.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 25

dutch

Reaction score
So i had the issue with no start no click and discovered a piece that chipped off on the pin. Couldn't find the piece but still messed with the switch and was able to turn on the engine with a flat head and fired right up. I will need a new actuator i ordered (Dorman brand) . As you can see in the pics that lil edge was chipped. Couldn't believe it. I hope this solves the issue . Hope this helps as i was thinking it could have been the starter at first.
Had this issue with my '05 a few years ago. After spending money to get it towed home, later found a video on how to jump start them using one wire at the fuse box. Now I always carry a piece of wire with me just in case. You can Google videos of "how to".

kylejeep

Reaction score
Tried to start mine today and nothing happened. It's exactly like your picture.

Thanks for this post.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed, There's a sticky in the forum here about this very issue.

Latest posts

Members online