Keep Liberty 2008 shaking at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
[YT]tOiuyMTigf8[/YT]

I can't help with any advice, but I embedded your video so lazy people will be more likely to view it. :icon_lol:

Chrisperuny

Reaction score
It happened before i change them but once in a blue moon. But now I feel like it's happening like 5 times in 1 day. There are no codes, no service engine light. I noticed the same shaking one time that run out of gas.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no codes, no service engine light.

You see the lit up amber image to the left of the speedometer that looks like an engine? That's your check engine light, and yes it is on, which means there's a stored error code. Did you check using the ignition key trick and got nothing? If you don't have a scanner, take the Jeep to Autozone. They'll scan it for you for free, and then you shouldn't have to guess at what the problem might be.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the entire video is you trying to start your jeep or did you start it then let it run for a few seconds?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I suggested taking it to get scanned, but it may take forever to get there going in 10 second spurts.
If you don't have the means to scan it at home, and are otherwise shooting in the dark, it will need to get towed, trailered or pushed in somewhere.

kuench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Occasionally when my engine is flooded, it starts lie that until I rev the engine for a few seconds. I don't get an CEL light though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You see the lit up amber image to the left of the speedometer that looks like an engine? That's your check engine light, and yes it is on, which means there's a stored error code. Did you check using the ignition key trick and got nothing? If you don't have a scanner, take the Jeep to Autozone. They'll scan it for you for free, and then you shouldn't have to guess at what the problem might be.

His Jeep is cranking, it isn't running. The issue here is that his vehicle is NOT starting at all. The CEL won't shut off until the engine is running, and that ain't happening.

TIP Start is in all KKs and it'll crank until the engine runs for about 15 seconds, then give up, as seen here.

We have had, myself included, startup issues in the KKs and nobody has been able to figure out the problem yet. :(

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised nobody asked what kind of spark plugs you used... Can you answer that? Copper only in these!

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its cranking while "running to try and get running .. its not.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I can't wait for someone to get to the bottom of this issue. I'm about tired of it.

Dealers can't ever replicate it, it happens entirely randomly, and frustrates people, always happens at the entirely wrong time, and is very embarrassing.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used to have a malibu that did imilar thing but it wa omethign to do with the antitheft.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm aware, but it isn't running.

Here is another video of a KK doing the same thing, except he's lucky enough for his to finally run.

http://youtu.be/v5dM5--ZXHs

The poster of this video stated it was his fuel pump.

The problem was that the fuel pump was leaking down so it wasn't holding pressure. A leak down test confirmed this. The pump would still raise the fuel pressure to the correct pressure but it would leak down over a period of an hour to several days. Replacing the fuel pump solved the problem.