Just saying Hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gene Greenacre jr.

Reaction score
Hello everyone thanks for adding me. I have a 07 jeep liberty sport.first thing I want to do with mine is add 1.5 spacers and all terrain tires. Any pros or cons on it or advice.?thanks geno.

Gene Greenacre jr.

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome
Actually the spacers are for the tires to move them out a little pass the wheel wells.But I was thinking about lifting it just a little too.so the spring idea is a great idea.will I need to adjust the steering an arms or will it be fine not too? I also would like to put 29 or 30s for tires with out having to make major changes.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Wheel spacers are also generally not concidered a good idea. Proper wheel offset is best. chances are your liberty needs a wheel alignment anyway so might as well lift it before you do that. Do lots of reading before you get your wallet out and have fun.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome
Actually the spacers are for the tires to move them out a little pass the wheel wells.But I was thinking about lifting it just a little too.so the spring idea is a great idea.will I need to adjust the steering an arms or will it be fine not too? I also would like to put 29 or 30s for tires with out having to make major changes.
Adding wheel spacers when unlifted is a bad idea, with sagged/worn out springs, worn out shocks, then adding width to wheels will only cause issues when turning
Adding a good set of springs and shocks from OME will make it ride and handle way better than it ever did stock. The front springs that came on a KJ are under rated, they are only 301 lb where they should of came stock with 340-350 lb springs, stock shocks were a joke. So if you have over 55-60,000 miles and over 4-5 years old new suspension is needed

an addition to yesterdays comments on wheel spacers;
they will change the radius in which your front wheels turn, sitting them out more they will hit the front and rear portions of the flares/inner fenders . When lifted you can get by with running them, but best bet is the right wheel width with proper backspacing , ( lifted best is 7 inch wide wheels with 4 inches of backspacing , sits the tire/wheel combo out to edge of the flare )

Last edited: