Just another way to identify your rear axle- Trac-Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes if you really use your KJ off road, they do not last long
Haven't seen one of those tags for years on any I have worked on

Slugger103

Reaction score
Yes if you really use your KJ off road, they do not last long
Haven't seen one of those tags for years on any I have worked on

Didn't even realize it was there until I removed the rear shock on the passenger side & happened to see it. I had already pulled a copy of my KJ's factory build list so it was on there anyway.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the bilsteins? I have them on two ZJ's and like them. Its hard to compare them to the KJ since its IFS, but the OME setup sure rides good. My KJ is probably the best riding vehicle Ive riden in. No BS, just absorbs the bumps.

My tag was about to fall off 12 or so years ago so I pulled it off and still have it. Non traclock though...

Slugger103

Reaction score
How do you like the bilsteins? I have them on two ZJ's and like them. Its hard to compare them to the KJ since its IFS, but the OME setup sure rides good. My KJ is probably the best riding vehicle Ive riden in. No BS, just absorbs the bumps.

My tag was about to fall off 12 or so years ago so I pulled it off and still have it. Non traclock though...

I'll get back to you on the Bilsteins - just put them in this afternoon. Quick test ride & they were great so far.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll get back to you on the Bilsteins - just put them in this afternoon. Quick test ride & they were great so far.
80% of the shocks I install are Bilsteins
of course I only recommend OME or the Bilsteins when redoing suspensions

Reaction score
80% of the shocks I install are Bilsteins
of course I only recommend OME or the Bilsteins when redoing suspensions

Hey tomm where's your go-to place for OME/blisten stuff? Looking to finally upgrade my jeeps travel and such once I get the transmission back.