junkyard pick!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay20jeep

Reaction score
I decided to do something about rock picking with my diff cover.

After reading numerous posts about lifts, I decided on a solution for my application. Isolators, top plate, clevis spacers, and 245 75 16

I chose to do the rear first because it was the easiest project all around. I sourced my isolators from a local junkyard for 15 dollars for all 4.

I did the first side myself and took 30 minutes, including getting the tools I needed. ONLY needed 2 tools good floor jack and a 14? mm wrench. on the second side my buddy helped, after getting the spring out and fitting the new isolators, I had him hold down on the tire and gave me enough clearance to slide it all back together before i measured the hub to fender is was 19.25, after was 20.25 I dont think I will see much settling considering the odometer on the salvage jeep was <45k

This pic shows before on the left and both pics are stock tires. the before is 3 months old and about 5k miles ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Isolators won't settle any really
springs break in and will settle but you're where you'll stay of course springs will continue to sag