Joe's Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I last too pics of her, but this past weekend had some good weather so I took a few shots....

A few notes about a few recent mods:

• I recently bought a set of [faux] carbon-fiber altezza taillights, which I had tinted by JonBoy of www.blackthatassup.com. Jon originally tinted my OEM lights (which are for sale by the way), but I had him tint these so that the back up light (in clear/white) remained un-tinted. In addition, for this job, Jon made it really trick by tinting the taillights with a Black Magic Metallic paint (versus regular tint). The result is a tinted taillight that is totally custom & 100% sick.

In addition, Jon also painted my Mopar taillight guards. After originally buying these guards, I was disappointed to find out that, not only were they plastic, but they were the stick on variety. I knew buying these that they were only decorative anyway (even if they were metal), but not stick on. JonBoy told me that we could make a negative into a positive. So after a bit of work, Jon was able to make them look extra sick, but painting them Cactus Green to body match. In addition, we replaced the cheap mopar double sided sticky with 3M industrial strength double sided adhesive. I think it looks great against the tinted tails.

Jon also tinted my headlights giving Eve a more sinister look. Along with the new JonBoy-tinted bumper lights (yes, I replaced those too with "cleared" out lenses which I had tinted; my original oem tinted ones are for sale too)., and JonBoy tinted foglights (in a custom yellow-chrome finish), amek the front end scream "mean".

I'd be remiss to not mention the great job JonBoy also did with my interiro bezel trim. He took my crappy OEM balck bezels & really made the interior look custom by body matching them too.

Without further delay, I present to you all, "Eve"... my "anti-bling" Cactus Green KJ....

You must be registered for see images

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
That's one fine lookin KJ!!!

Lookin good Joe! But you know I think you need to put some lights on the rack \:D/ Actually my rack is off for the winter, for clearance issues. But those are really nice roof racks. Do you use yours much? I actually have a custom fit black painted board that fits in mine, when I need to have a floor. Seems to work pretty good.

If I find anybody that needs tinting done, I'll be sure to remember your friends company. He does nice work.

Later,
Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Looks good Joe, but you shouldn't play Doom 3 while driving your KJ (see last picture).

lol.

Watch out, when he's playing need for speed he's probably got his steering wheel connected to the game console.

Bennett

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
That's one fine lookin KJ!!!

Lookin good Joe! But you know I think you need to put some lights on the rack \:D/ Actually my rack is off for the winter, for clearance issues. But those are really nice roof racks. Do you use yours much? I actually have a custom fit black painted board that fits in mine, when I need to have a floor. Seems to work pretty good.

If I find anybody that needs tinting done, I'll be sure to remember your friends company. He does nice work.

Later,
Bennett

Thanks Bennett. Actually I LOVE the rack. I originally got it for camping trips we had this past summer, but have found myself actually using it to haul everything from luggage to topsoil to lumber to you name it. Its been great. I don't think I'll take it off this winter for 3 main reasons: 1) I'm kinda lazy & don't want to do it; 2) I really don't have the extra room in my apartment to store that thing & my folks don't want it in their garage; 3) It looks pretty cool, so why bother?. A possible 4th reason is: Christmas shopping (the waterproof bag that we got would ensure dry presents) - yes, my fiance shops like that.

I actually have the lighting mounts for the rack, but just haven't had the time to shop for the lights & research which ones to put up there. What did you go with? I assume the lights should be auxiliary driving lights (as opposed to fog lights - which typically need to be mounted lower than the main headlight beams). The other thing is price. I want lights that are not only good, but wallet friendly. You're the resident expert on lighting - which lights should I go with?

Thanks again!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
seriously, i live like minutes from you, and i havnt seen it around......
nice lookin jeep...love the colour matched bezels...

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Joe,

Checkout the Hella 500's, I swear by these lights. Great value and Awesome perfromance.

and yes you want the driving lights for sure.

Bennett

kjliberator

Reaction score
Good looking KJ Joe! I can see that you knew exactly what you wanted as you bought it! How big are your tires? Do you have a lift? Like the T.V. screen thing! Nice interior accents! Good stuff!

KJLIBERATOR

Topher

Reaction score
BoeserBlick...

Your KJ looks great, I really like the body coloured accents in the cabin and the addition of the Renny wheels. I'm surprised more KJ owners don't remove the badging, it's a much cleaner look without them.

I removed my badging about a year ago, and added a "4x4" badge from a Ram to the rear tailgate. Looks just like it belongs there too.

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words again guys!
Yeah I love the de-badged look. Much cleaner & neater looking IMHO. Besides, no one's paying me so why advertise? [-( hehehe j/k. I just don't like badges.

HEre's another pic (testing out image shack). I just installed those driving lights on the roof rack. They aren't PIAAs or Hellas, but they're pretty decent. My intest is to hack them up & install HID's in them. I just need to figure out where to put the ballasts.

Click on the thumbnail..

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tail light guards

Where'd you get the tail light guards? Were they from the factory? If not, where from? Were they easy to install?

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Tail light guards

jjo said:
Where'd you get the tail light guards? Were they from the factory? If not, where from? Were they easy to install?

Those were Mopar tail guards. YOu can get them at any dealer. I was actually disappointed to learn that they were plastic peices. However, everyone here will tell you that even the steel ones are purely decorative. Actually, someone told me that the steel ones could actually be a liability - for example, if you got rearended or hit the taillight agaist something, the steel guards might actually do more damage to the rest of the body since it wont "give". In any event, I decided to take advantage of the fact that these were plastic (easier to paint vs the steel ones), and had my buddy color match them to the rest of the body.