JK Unlimited Rubicon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moun10eer

Reaction score
Check out my new JK Unlimited Rubicon!

I'm sure some of you are also member at JK-Forum (priell3 for sure ;-) ), and probably seen these but... here's my new toy, JK Unlimited Rubicon (Rescue Green)! Love it! Lots of fun!!

Teraflex 2.5" BB lift installed:

You must be registered for see images attach

With WP Half Tube doors (no lift):

We still have '05 KJ Renegade: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25738 My wife drives it now. Never had any problem! KJ is very solid and reliable! Hope JK is the same. So far so good! (Only about 5,000 miles on it though).

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the way it is meant to be. Looking great!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Jeeps......with this nice weather, I'd be driving the topless/doorless one......

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much longer is it then KJ?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rubicon looks great and the KJ and JK look great together....:D

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reeeeally like the new JK unlimited. To me, it puts the sport back in sport utility (a now ubiquitous, and vague, term) It looks like it does it all.

Moun10eer

Reaction score
Yes, KJ and JK look nice together!

I don't know how much longer, but JK Unlimited definitely has more cargo space... more space in general (head room, leg room etc.)

It's really fun driving with top down with no doors or tube doors! You enjoy driving even on pavement (freeway and local streets)! Of course, it handles great off-road! "Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect" and "Tru-Lok" (front and rear axle lock) are great! Some NF roads, old mining roads to the trailhead in the Cascades are usually very bad around this time of year (because of snow melt, wash out etc.), but JK handled it without any problem.

If you love being outside... shine or rain, hot or cold... JK is definitely for you. I don't know how many times I took the top down and up, doors off and on etc. in the past 2 months (I live in Seattle BTW where the weather changes by the hour!).. Lately, I just leave the JK with half tube doors. I got a bikini top, and I use it for light rain... yes, no windows and the rain gets in a bit, but it's warmer now and it's not bad at all. At night, it gets around upper 40's to low 50's. So, when I drive at night, I bundled up, lock the hoodies, blast the heat! If you go off-road with no top (and no doors), the dust, mud etc. get inside of the car! You really have to enjoy being outside and getting dirty to really enjoy JK! My wife isn't that ******** (she doesn't like being cold) but so far, she enjoys it! Lucky for me!! Our JK is only 2 month old but the "new car" smell is long gone!

Last edited:

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. I have had mine for over a month and haven't stopped blasting the a/c no matter what I am doing, it is just way too hot...:)

Moun10eer

Reaction score
I haven't used A/C yet. It's not that hot here... But, I use the heater a lot. The heater is really strong! When it's at the highest and stick the hand near the blower, it's so hot that it feels like the hot air burns the hand! That's a good thing when you have top down and driving on freeway (65~75 mph) at night or early morning when the outside temp is 40's.

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I've only used the A/C 3 times in the 5 weeks I've owned it. Most of the time I have the front panels removed from the Freedom Top and windows down. I just have to remember my cap. Sunshine and bald head don't mix well. :eek:

Moun10eer

Reaction score
Since then I added few more stuff...

And been to few places...

Last edited:

Moun10eer

Reaction score
More pics to show off... :D

qbracken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get jealous and really want one of those... where do you go wheeling?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am a member of JK-Forum, and we also have the KJ still. Nice to have both the KJ and the JK, one for fun and one for comfort. Nice pics BTW, I'm gonna go out with mine again this weekend I think.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think every family should have two Jeeps. Whenever I get one stuck I can always use the other one to get it out.

One time I left the YJ's winch control at home cryinghard.gif. We had to walk out of the woods but drove back in with the Liberty. Then there was time I tried a snow run with my Liberty. I had to pull it all the way out of the trail with the YJ (biggrin)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great pictures, and a great place to live!