JK Mods to increase gas mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rednroll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of some Mods on the JK to increase the gas mileage.

The reason I ask was before buying mine, my wife had talked to a guy who owned a JK, to see how he liked it. The guy told her something like.....If you get one, make sure you change the ________, because the stock one is too big and if you replace it with a smaller _______, it will increase your gas mileage from 16-18mpg to 22-25mpg.

So anyways.....he was talking to my wife who knows very little about cars. So, I had to try and quiz her to try and pry the info out of her. I asked, Did he say "Filter"....and she said, "Yeah....that's what I think he said...'Filter' sounds very familiar". So then I was like "Air Filter?"...."Fuel Filter?"......and she pretty much drew a blank at that point.

So, I figured there must be some known mod out there that will increase the JK's fuel mileage.....and was hoping someone here might know.

Sorry, I have very little information, since I got my info 2nd hand through a non automotive person.

daspes

Reaction score
I picked up about 3 MPG city (sorry no highways on the island) by dropping the anchor of a factory muffler, and installing a 18" glasspack midway down the exhaust pipe. The only other gain I got was about 1 MPG from the AEV ProCal correcting shift points.

I'm back up to 15 City now, from the 11-12 I was running before. 35's, lift and armor kill the MPG fast.

Latest posts

Members online