Jeep Radio/Flashlight/Radio/Compass/Etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at Princess Auto in Newmarket, Ontario today (it's a Canadian thing!), and saw these right beside the ammo boxes... pretty cool, and immediately appealed to my irrational desire to buy anything with a Jeep logo on it, but at $29.95 I just couldn't pull the trigger! The quality didn't seem that great, really otherwise I might have talked myself into it.

My apologies for the crappy cell phone pic ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never saw those before.

I would have bought an ammo can. I could use another.

Strange that they sell ammo cans at "Princess Auto". Where's the pic of "The Princess"?:D

Dave

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hte "unique world of princess auto"

They actually don't sell auto parts, it's more of a tool/hardware/farm store, but they have a huge surplus section with everything from hdmi cables to ammo cans to headlight bulbs to cordless phones, etc

Most of the store is made in china, but they also have great prices on name brand stuff too. Think harbor freight mixed with TSC.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good description, desync0, couldn't have said it better myself! It's a unique store, that's for sure. You can check it out at www.princessauto.com. They have lots of hand tools, air stuff, hydraulics, trailer/towing gear... plus all the surplus crap, it's easy to kill an hour or so in there!

I've got a couple of the ammo cans, they are pretty handy and pretty much weather-proof too. I'm looking for a larger one to mount on the front of my utility trailer for straps, bungees, a tarp etc.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of the ammo cans, they are pretty handy and pretty much weather-proof too. I'm looking for a larger one to mount on the front of my utility trailer for straps, bungees, a tarp etc.

That's what I have been looking for also but the ammo cans are too small.

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing one once, I'm not sure if it was for ammo, a weapon, or something else but the construction was basically the same, only it was about 2' long, maybe 10" high and 8" wide or thereabouts. Can't remember where I saw it and haven't seen one since!

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sell ammo cans at an auto parts store? Sweet! Score one for Canada.

Where do you think our military gets it's equipment from? :p

I love Princess Auto. Some of the stuff is clearance items that other stores can't sell, but they also sell other stuff like ammo cans (way overpriced). The quality of some of the tools is pretty bad but they have a generous return policy.

And back to the original topic of this thread; unless that radio has Dana44 axles c/w selectable lockers then it can't be called a true Rubicon :D

Latest posts

Members online