Jeep moving to china

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope not.

Dave

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have read is that they are re-opening plants in China to produce vehicles for the Chinese. Not that they are moving their entire operation overseas. There seems to be a lot of loosely worded articles with little information and a lot of assumptions going around.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
.. do you remember why they stopped making Jeeps in China? :disgust:

UAW agreements to keep production of products here in the US. That is why the Austria Grand Cherokee plant closed shop, now every Grand Cherokee is made here in the US.

So, this likely won't happen for a while if ever. Even if it did, these vehicles WOULD BE JUST FOR THE CHINESE MARKET. THEY WILL NOT BE EXPORTED.

Sidenote: We DO build BODIES for knock down kits for the Venezuela Chrysler plant.

This is nothing to worry about. It's just a right wing political spin.

Source: ME!

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UAW agreements to keep production of products here in the US. That is why the Austria Grand Cherokee plant closed shop, now every Grand Cherokee is made here in the US.

So, this likely won't happen for a while if ever. Even if it did, these vehicles WOULD BE JUST FOR THE CHINESE MARKET. THEY WILL NOT BE EXPORTED.

Sidenote: We DO build BODIES for knock down kits for the Venezuela Chrysler plant.

GM does the same thing I ship parts for the silverado and tahoe venezuela and the cadillac china

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do the bodies look any different?

kyled

Reaction score
It is good news that Jeep is doing so well in China that they need open production there. It just shows it is growing in popularity and it might increase American employment in sales and consulting.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is good news that Jeep is doing so well in China that they need open production there. It just shows it is growing in popularity and it might increase American employment in sales and consulting.
Nothing new they have been building them there

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little late to the party but china doesnt only make knock off hand bags and electronics. They also make exact replicas of popular vehicles for sale in china. They made a bmw x5 copy that was perfect to the original minus the engine and other mechanical parts. Bmw filed suit and they lost! The Chinese officials said it doesnt look anything like and x5 and because the badges are different its the companies intellectual property.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little late to the party but china doesnt only make knock off hand bags and electronics. They also make exact replicas of popular vehicles for sale in china. They made a bmw x5 copy that was perfect to the original minus the engine and other mechanical parts. Bmw filed suit and they lost! The Chinese officials said it doesnt look anything like and x5 and because the badges are different its the companies intellectual property.

Wow. Gotta love the chinese determination to make cheap look alike products.