Jeep Lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started to install the lightbar today with the mopar mounting parts. Ran into a problem right off the bat. The tool I bought doesn't do the same threads as the m6 mopar bolts. Anyone know where to get the proper tool? Also the hole I drilled is slightly too large, and won't get the nutzert snug properly. I am not contemplating not putting it on at all.

Another thing I noticed when putting it the 2.8 inches back is that it looks like there is something in the way under the headliner where the bolt is supposed to go. Almost like it is supposed to go forward a half inch or so.

Looks like it is more complicated than I anticipated, and now I have a hole in my roof that is too large for the nutzert. I guess that one will just get a regular bolt.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on the subject, but a picture or two of what you're looking at might help someone else who is. :)

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was too pissed off at the time to take pictures. I will tear into it again once the hardware store opens and take some pictures.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought the whole kit then it comes with a nutzert install tool already.

Heck I installed mine in a parking lot in less then a hour,not hard at all.Never measured anything,just eyeballed it then measured(was dead on!!).Make sure to use some RTV around and in the nutzerts so you don't get a leak.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you bought the whole kit then it comes with a nutzert install tool already.

Heck I installed mine in a parking lot in less then a hour,not hard at all.Never measured anything,just eyeballed it then measured(was dead on!!).Make sure to use some RTV around and in the nutzerts so you don't get a leak.

Ill try and get a picture of what I'm talking about, but there is like a double headliner in the area that the front bolts go into, Im afraid of drilling onto the ledge of where it starts. However, I measured the 2.8" that its supposed to go. I ordered the nutzerts and bolts from a dealership, however not the tool. I will be ordering the tool now. How well did that tool work for you?

I have installed quite a few of lightbars, just not offroad bars. The lightbars I install at work use strap mounts in the door jambs. Much easier.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill try and get a picture of what I'm talking about, but there is like a double headliner in the area that the front bolts go into, Im afraid of drilling onto the ledge of where it starts. However, I measured the 2.8" that its supposed to go. I ordered the nutzerts and bolts from a dealership, however not the tool. I will be ordering the tool now. How well did that tool work for you?

I have installed quite a few of lightbars, just not offroad bars. The lightbars I install at work use strap mounts in the door jambs. Much easier.
Just don't drill to far,1/4" depth max.Should also be only about 2 3/4" from the windshield edge.

The tool worked well,just a nut and bolt.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For factory positioning reference, the front edge of the renegade light bar is 2 1/8" back from the edge of the windshield rubber.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also almost hit the beam under the roof sheet metal youre talking about. it is very close in tolerance so you gotta be good on your measurements. i had no problem installing mine. just lots of stress and sweating lol. i freak out over holes in my new $20k jeep. but yes. go slow and be exact. also after a few years of having it on. take the bolts back out and clean the holes and apply new sealant. mines been on since 2007 with no issues. re sealed once due to just preventative maintenance.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it on, looks great. I had to redo one of the holes, just plugged and sealed it, no big deal. Mopar tool worked great as well. Thanks for all the help!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, it's a lightbar. What do you need the sun for? :Big Laugh:

(OK, we'll wait.) :High 5:

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, it's a lightbar. What do you need the sun for? :Big Laugh:

(OK, we'll wait.) :High 5:

Good point! :Stupid Me: However, I didn't wire it up yet. Ill get a picture up tonight when its wired up (hopefully).

You must be registered for see images attach

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the light bar kit. Hoping to install in the coming weeks.

Its not too bad. The hardest part for me was waiting for the nutzert tool to come in the mail. I do wiring professionally so that was cake too. The light is so much brighter than I expected it to be. You will not be disappointed!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not too bad. The hardest part for me was waiting for the nutzert tool to come in the mail. I do wiring professionally so that was cake too. The light is so much brighter than I expected it to be. You will not be disappointed!
I retrofitted 4 Rigid Dually spots in place of the OE Hella halogen assemblies,talk about bright!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online