Jeep Cherokee Funny video Comparision

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never owned any of the "competing" brands so I can not speak for them. I Have owned a 74 Cherokee (the original), an 84 XJ , and an 03 Liberty. I presently own a 14 Cherokee Trail Hawk 3.2L.
It drives just like they show. You don't get bounced all over the place and she handles like a sports car on road and like a Jeep off road. From the factory she is quite capable, but she is NOT a Wrangler by any means. However she gets good mpg and is extremely comfortable.

I suspect she is a least if not more so capable than my 03 Liberty which was not lifted and much more comfortable to ride in or drive.

Note that I have the Trail Hawk and NOT the Limited.

To each their own. THIS ONE WORKS FOR ME!

Jasonwd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, even though I love my KJ; it is the worst quality vehicle I have owned. Saying that, on an agricultural scale it's not bad.

I'm nearly 40 and have lived on four continents.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, even though I love my KJ; it is the worst quality vehicle I have owned. Saying that, on an agricultural scale it's not bad.

I'm nearly 40 and have lived on four continents.

I've never had anything ride as nice as my KJ.

Very underwhelmed by the 3.7, though

slipinkramer

Reaction score
Laugh if you want. That looked like the fairest and most honest/ realistic automotive performance commercial I've ever seen. They set those grocery getters on just the type of obstacle course that they are suited for, which is hardly any obstacle whatsoever.

I've owned 2 KJ Jeeps and a Land Rover Discovery and a full sized Bronco. I've driven, modified and wheeled all of them. Recently, I got to take a ride in a 2014 Cherokee (not as the driver). I liked it! It seemed to be supremely suited for what its built for (on road cruising and light duty dirt trails).

I've seen so much hate on line over this vehicle... I don't get it. The point is to sell vehicles and make corporate profits and that is exactly what's starting to happen.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its literally just the headlights and grille.

I drove a trailhawk and absolutely loved it. It would be a great dd.

But, like my taste in women, I dont like squinty eyes, rhino face, and moderate body

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id love to see a body kit to replace front fenders and grille with something like a more stylized and sleek commander front end.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just flip the lights off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang! Someone actually read the owners manual/whatever and he has no skin in the game!
Aint science wonderful? Truly amazing how many folk spend a chunk of change on a vehicle and never crack any of the documentation the mfg supplies so you can understand how to protect your investment. Before mine was delivered I was able to download everything but the factory maintenance manual, AND read them cover to cover. And once you have a VIN if you ordered your rig, Jeep will even send you hard copies of the manuals if you are the original owner , at NO cost to you! Guess its just easier to ask for answers on a question on a list instead of looking for your self

There are more opportunities to set the critter up as you want, at least from a technology point of view than you could imagine.
Like he said, you can opt to NOT have the eye brows (DRL) light if you prefer. Same with all the safety stuff including ESC.

Troy, are you involved with them at all in your current work?
Always enjoy your comments when it comes to maintaining and such. Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions!

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! Someone actually read the owners manual/whatever and he has no skin in the game!
Aint science wonderful? Truly amazing how many folk spend a chunk of change on a vehicle and never crack any of the documentation the mfg supplies so you can understand how to protect your investment. Before mine was delivered I was able to download everything but the factory maintenance manual, AND read them cover to cover. And once you have a VIN if you ordered your rig, Jeep will even send you hard copies of the manuals if you are the original owner , at NO cost to you! Guess its just easier to ask for answers on a question on a list instead of looking for your self

There are more opportunities to set the critter up as you want, at least from a technology point of view than you could imagine.
Like he said, you can opt to NOT have the eye brows (DRL) light if you prefer. Same with all the safety stuff including ESC.

Troy, are you involved with them at all in your current work?
Always enjoy your comments when it comes to maintaining and such. Thanks for sharing your experiences and opinions!

Whether on or of f does not matter. They look terrible sitting in a parking lot. The position of all us haters is that the front is terrible, and that's not an opinion from the drivers seat.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whether on or of f does not matter. They look terrible sitting in a parking lot. The position of all us haters is that the front is terrible, and that's not an opinion from the drivers seat.

Ya know, FWIW, I served in the USAF for 28 years just to help insure that your right to your opinion and expression there of might not perish but live on in perpetuity !

Glad I could be of service::rotflmao:

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know, FWIW, I served in the USAF for 28 years just to help insure that your right to your opinion and expression there of might not perish but live on in perpetuity !

Glad I could be of service::rotflmao:

Bet you didn't serve to see the government run itself into the ground, business have to get bailed out by money that should have gone to support your brothers in arms, and people mortgage their lives away.

I respect your service. Thank you.

Only reason for my last post was to clarify that turning something off doesn't change the fact that it is still visible, and visibility of it is the main issue.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I thought the "flip the lights off" response was in reference to the "like my taste in women comment". As in, some women look better with the lights off! heh heh

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Troy's post was a tongue-in-cheek turn on the "beauty is only a light switch away"

As for the new Cherokee, I like them more every time I see one. And the fact that a Trailhawk did the Rubicon trail without assistance proves that it is STILL a Jeep, and NOT a car.:hat:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I thought the "flip the lights off" response was in reference to the "like my taste in women comment". As in, some women look better with the lights off! heh heh

I think Troy's post was a tongue-in-cheek turn on the "beauty is only a light switch away"

As for the new Cherokee, I like them more every time I see one. And the fact that a Trailhawk did the Rubicon trail without assistance proves that it is STILL a Jeep, and NOT a car.:hat:
Yeah at least 2 got the joke.