Jeep-Branded Off-Road Trailers Now Available From Mopar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck Trend said:
Product SpotLight: Jeep-Branded Off-Road Trailers Now Available From Mopar
July 20, 2010
By Steve Diehlman

We don't blame Jeep owners for spending as much time on the beaten trail as possible -- but to help feed their addiction, they may want to opt for a new pair of Jeep-branded off-road camping trailers, which are designed and sold by Chrysler's Mopar accessories division.

Although both campers can be pulled by virtually any vehicle, it's clear their design was inspired by the fabled Wrangler. Wheels, fender flares, taillights, paint colors, and badging are actually pulled straight from Chrysler's parts bin, while paint colors are designed to match those offered on the Wrangler.

Mopar's entry-level camper is the Trail Edition model, which is reportedly designed for casual weekend camping. Weighing in at 850 pounds, the trailer is primarily crafted from aluminum, and utilizes a torsion bar and trailing arm suspension design to increase articulation. 17-inch wheels are cribbed from the Wrangler, and use the Wrangler Rubicon's 32-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires to provide nearly twelve inches of ground clearance.

Jeep says the camper can accommodate four, thanks in part to both a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. A 110-volt inverter, stowable table, and built-in cabinetry are standard, as are window screens and privacy shades. Trail Edition campers are offered in four different colors (bright silver metallic, flame red, mango, and natural green), and run $9995, including destination chargers.

For those looking to pull accommodations over challenging terrain, Jeep also offers the Extreme Trail Edition. Although similar to the Trail Edition camper, the Extreme model adds a heavy-duty frame, a full underbody skid plate, 35-inch tires, and aluminum diamond-plate fenders. These revisions add roughly 200 pounds, along with an extra $2000 to the price tag.

Look for both trailer models to be offered at Jeep dealers nationwide starting this August.

Source: Chrysler

You must be registered for see images

Link to Truck Trend Article

So, who's getting one?

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
lets see... $500 (high side ) for a M100 trailer.. maybe $100 for new tires.. $200 for a tent to mutilate to attach to the top of the trailer.. wala!

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets see... $500 (high side ) for a M100 trailer.. maybe $100 for new tires.. $200 for a tent to mutilate to attach to the top of the trailer.. wala!

You trying to tell me something ? o_O lol Yeah i noticed i could get a nice pop up camper for way less than that little thing . Plus mods as well lol

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
i like the idea of what they are i just think theyre steep in price.. i think that someone could get even a m100 or similar in poor shape and fab it to fit their needs resulting in:
1. awesomeness for less
2. you did it yourself braggin rights
3. old school rule

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the idea of what they are i just think theyre steep in price.. i think that someone could get even a m100 or similar in poor shape and fab it to fit their needs resulting in:
1. awesomeness for less
2. you did it yourself braggin rights
3. old school rule

I do agree with you there ! Nothing like something you put effort into , And saving a bit of $ as well

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
yuppers!

but
that being said..
if i were independently wealthy and money were no object...... screw it!! buy the pre made one! lol but were driving KJs not H1s :D

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Not totally sure what customer base this is supposed to appeal.

For less you can buy an Adventure trailer.

For less you could buy a totalled JK and build your own JK trailer to tow behind your JK

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not totally sure what customer base this is supposed to appeal.

For less you can buy an Adventure trailer.

For less you could buy a totalled JK and build your own JK trailer to tow behind your JK

Bling havin', mall-crawlin', yuppies, with money to burn and brand new Rubi's in the drive way.

No offense to any yuppies out there, I understand that it is hard to get where you are at; with lots of hard work and dedication. Better than being a freeloading hippie. Gotdamn hippies!

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is going to take off or not. My gut instict is no.

Real Jeep people who go off-roading and such either tint camp (myself), build their own trailer, or buy cheaper camping trailers. People who have enough money to go out and buy a new Rubi with a matching trailer most likely don't go out all that much.

Then again, there are a lot of people with money to blow who would buy it anway.

I think they will sale some, but not a whole lot.

Someone has done the market research on this and said they would sale enough to justify producing.

I'll stick to my regular pop-up for family camping and my tint for off-road camping.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look, but again, most of us are definately watching the bottom line.

You have to remember the price is for a "brand spankin' new" outfit. I was recently looking at Aventure Trailers and a few Teardrops as well. A new one is not cheap. I priced a fully loaded teardrop out at $20K ....

I too beleive the more resourceful hobbiest could coble together something more to their taste and needs, and save a few bucks as well. More importantly, enjoy the process along the way - that's what it's about.

We all love to drive our Jeeps, but as we can't spend every hour doing it, we spend some of that time working on, caring for, and fixing up our rides - looking forward to the time we get to spend out on the trail.

jpmsgp

Reaction score
They've got it backwards! A KJ is to be pulled, not do the pulling. Mine fits nicely behind my turbocharged 300hp Cummins powered 38' Bounder. It's "toad" to the rocks and sand.

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 26

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say eff that $10k and no AC?
I can stay 100 nights in hotel comfort
Considering that I may stay out 10 nights a year
With the Jeep
I can go over 10 years.....
hell no
Besides that is $10k I can spend on a new
tow rig

yooper822

Reaction score
It's pretty plain actually. I saw one at the dealership last week. The top folds over and that makes the bed. the inside is empty with exception of a bench & small cabinet. Pretty pricey if you ask me. A 3000.00 pop up will give you more sleeping room, fridge, table and sofa.
Joe