Jeep 2008 Liberty KK Auto Show Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Gee, that "all new" front IFS sure does look familiar. It's exactly the same as what's under the Dodge Nitro... and 90% the same as what is under our KJ Libertys.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the made up a whole new nuckle for the front suspension, and thats about it. And i want those rims off of the silver one!

Thanks for the pics hyedipin

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyedipin......nice pic's, and thanks.....now I really can't wait to get there tomorrow.

And I'll bet that Liberty front end is exactly the same as the Nitro. I looked at one a while back when they first hit the dealerships. That would make sense - same platform.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing they changed was the lower balljoints. Wonder if they changes the dimensions of the lower control arm so that it wouldnt bolt straight up to ours? Tie-rods seem to be in the same place as does the upper balljoints. Although the upper joints seem to be closer to the spring, which means no lifts without upper ball joints contact. [-(

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY REAR SWAY BAR END LINK BATMAN!?!?!

That means the rear suspension wont flex near as good as ours since the sway bar is actually a sway bar and its alot bigger. I wouldnt believe that 5link would flex as good either.

I bet it doesn't get mad wheel hop like the current libbys do. ](*,)

Keep your current libbys for offroading folks.. They've down graded once again. Gas tank in the middle, spare tire under the jeep, no real tcase, craooy flexing rear suspension, its not looking good. ](*,)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:
Looks like the made up a whole new nuckle for the front suspension, and thats about it. And i want those rims off of the silver one!

Thanks for the pics hyedipin

Those are the exact same rims as the ones used currently. They just polished up the grooved sections.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Keep your current libbys for offroading folks.. They've down graded once again. Gas tank in the middle, spare tire under the jeep, no real tcase, craooy flexing rear suspension, its not looking good. ](*,)

My KJ is a keeper until the fenders fall off.

Compromises are for road handling, and the gas tank being center-mounted is a Federal requirement now. Even the JK is that way now (course it's streatched - so there's room for it there). The spare mounted underneith is the first sign of a vehicle who's purpose is only "light" off roading. The lack of a proper t-case is the "last straw". But if I understand it right, it has a t-case - it's just electronically controlled. I like my lever actuated selec-trac. I wish they'd put that in the JK as an option. I'd go special order a Sahara tomorrow with all the Rubi options.

Dave

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope that front knuckle or arm can bolt up to ours so it fixes our crappy LBJ design!! i like it a lot, but like you guys said, a lot of the nice offroad features have dissapeared and now it really is a soccer mom car that isnt made for offroad, unlike our current liberties which have a lot of nice features:(

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The spare mounted under the vehicle is not an indicator of what a vehicle is designed for. That was done because of rear crash test results... basically, if you back a KJ Liberty into a pole, you have $3000 in damages. If you slam a KK Liberty into a pole, you have $300 in damages. The spare was not there to block the bumper from absorbing the impact.

Moun10eer

Reaction score
Since Jeep introduced 4-door Wrangler Unlimited, there's no reason new Liberty has to be "off-road first" vehicle...that's what Jeep (Chrysler?) thinks (I think). They think that anyone who wants serious off-road, go anywhere vehicle, then buy Wrangler. If you got kids, dogs and/or want more space and still love to go into wilderness, then get Wrangler Unlimited!

(Except people in here, Jeep KJ Country and LOST), majority of the Liberty drivers probably never adventure into wilderness. They don't care much about off-road capability.

Majority of SUV buyers/drivers would look for comfort, size, agressive look (so that he/she can tailgate and intimidate the small car drivers on Interstate) and of course, BLING! They love BLING SUVs!!

So, for most of us here who like the (old) Libertys because of the off-road capability with more space, we need to get Wrangler Unlimited when we decided to get a new Jeep. I will definitely get a Rubicon Unlimited next time... hopefully soon.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you mountaineer, totally what I was thinking.
HOwever, do not forget that all other jeeps will be trail rated and "capable" they are just not off-road oriented, but still darn powerful and capable.
I just did 100mile trip and came back, BOY it ***** to drive KJ for more than 2 hrs straight........

plus, did you see all the features in KK? THey've got what you would see on a luxury suv, but with additional capability and much cheaper! if that will be the final price.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The Liberty's options pricing is going to be similar to the Nitro's... Liberty option pricing will most likely be more expensive because Jeep is seen as a higher-end brand than Dodge.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read this a minute ago and I have to say, I kinda agree with him for the most part. I like the new one, but it still looks too much like the Nitro and not enough like a Jeep. But, with time, I'm sure I'll change my mind. Anyway, here it is.......:D

Oh for the love of god, this is the new Jeep Liberty for 2008? What has the 'merican side of the German-American hybrid done to my baby? I'm in shock -- it's like they took the Dodge Nitro and slapped a Jeep grille on it. I know that I'm the first person to scream from the mountains how much I love my little Liberty, but after seeing this, I think I just vomited in my mouth a little. I'm sorry, I'm going to need to spend some time alone here and mourn my cute little bug (ask Lieberman about that one) -- although the cloth roof looks kinda cool. We'll need to think about this one. Ayway, the press release is below, I'll let you all handle it from here. – Ray Wert

Latest posts

Members online