JBA Y-Link Extension

Discussion in 'For Sale Forum' started by JJam2112, Apr 16, 2020.

1. JJam2112

JJam2112 Full Access Member

Up for sell is a used Jeepin By Al Y-Link Extender for lifts 2.5in and above. This helps give a correct pinion angle. I used this for about 30k miles. I recently upgraded to a Iron Rock Offroad A-Arm and custom mount, so selling this. It sold new for $65 and has since been discontinued since they are only doing UACs now. I am asking $50 plus shipping

Attached Files:

2. duderz7

duderz7 Full Access Member

I've been considering the iron rock arm as the jba is no longer available. But I haven't found a lot of information on it. Got anymore to share on the subject?

3. randymorris

randymorris Full Access Member

I just bought an iron rock arm for my liberty, so I’d love to hear your thoughts on it as well.

4. JJam2112

Well so far I love the Iron Rock A Arm. it s a significant upgrade, especially compared to that flimsy stock boomerang arm we have. It is beefy. I seem to also have a bit more flex in the rear n. I went with the plastic bushings and there is little noise. I purchased the mount from WW Diesel and it is also stout and beefy. The mount was very snug with the joint, but once it was in and adjusted, mounted up very nice. Overall very happy with it. But cost was around $500 for this upgrade when it was all said and done and did the install myself. If one does not have the cash for that, this y link is the most reasonable bet. IMG-2404.jpg IMG-2401.jpg IMG_2369.jpg

65Corvair likes this.
  5. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wonder who does the welding on them ? :(

6. randymorris

Did you cut any off of the axle joint? wwdiesel recommended I cut off about an inch to get the correct pinion angle for a 2.5” lift. What lift do you have in your liberty?

7. JJam2112

I didn't need to, im at 3.5in. I just screwed it in all the way and tightened the nut to lock it. The recommended to cut off was so he could get the nut off later, because threads were already maxed so cutting it off would not have dont anything for me.

8. JJam2112

it was wwdesiel? dont like the welds?

9. randymorris

What he messaged me when I was asking him questions about options for the rear setup was:
    Since he is also running a 2.5” lift, I figured I’d follow his example. I’m really looking forward to seeing how my truck handles with new rear control arms, upper and lower. Out of curiosity, are you running stock lower arms or did you upgrade those as well?

10. JJam2112

im taking it in the an alignment on monday, and ill mention it to them. they are checking the pinion angle too with it. For me it seems to be threaded all the way to the bottom of its threads anyways, with out the cutting 1 in off.

im currently running the stock lower control arms, but I hope to upgrade to the doberman adjustable ones eventually.

11. randymorris

Let us know how the alignment and pinion angle check goes. I’ll be interested in what they have to say about it as well.

I’m looking at the Doberman racing ones as well, but not for a while. I can’t afford that much in new parts currently.

12. tommudd

No way, wouldn't trust them at all , at least not from what I can see, very disappointed

13. tommudd

Can have a fab shop build you rear lowers for less

14. randymorris

That’s good to know. I’ll keep that in mind when I have enough money to put toward them. For now I need as inexpensive as I can go without getting complete garbage.

15. randymorris

So I’ve got the mount on the axle, got the a arm on the body side bolted on, but I can’t get the heim joint and mount together. My axle either tilts way too far forward or not at all, and so the heim joint is either over the top of the mount or about 4 inches away. Any suggestions for getting them to meet?

16. JJam2112

can you send me a few pics of what it looks like, and i can have a better idea of what is going on. Also what lift are you running?