JBA Triangulated 4-link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I had the triangulated 4-link installed in my '02. It made a huge and immediate difference in overall rear stability. That poor rear upper control arm just wasn't made for keeping all that weight stabilized over the rear axle -especially the tank that I'm rolling. My Liberty's rear end has consistently been a bushing's worst nightmare.

So not only do I never again have to worry about constantly replacing bushings or crumbling the y-link extension, the Liberty now handles fantastic. The back end feels crisp and responsive in the turns again, compared to before when it felt a bit soft when making turns. It's one of those items that most folks, including myself, never think of considering. It's made a huge difference.

One thing to note, though; it's a slight bit noisier on the road. The control arm and those lovely noise-dampening bushings have been replaced by upper short arms and heim bolts, so you get a bit more vibration transferred from the rear axle to the frame. I can't say that this is a bad thing. Actually, I kind of like it.

Lastly, I have to mention how solid Marlin's customer support is. He stands 100% behind his product and has bent over backwards in getting my Liberty to the point where it's at today. Great company. I really can't say speak highly enough about my experience with the JBA folks.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just couldn't do a triangulated 4 link,to much math involved to get the squat and anti-squat right(which I doubt JBA's was).I'll take to tried and tested rear 5 link,much safer for DD anyways.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just couldn't do a triangulated 4 link,to much math involved to get the squat and anti-squat right(which I doubt JBA's was).I'll take to tried and tested rear 5 link,much safer for DD anyways.

Leave it to you to come in and spoil my sense of accomplishment.

Me: "Hey my Jeep is running great today!"
tjkj2002: "Nah man. Not really. But, f@#k man, did you see mine?"
Me: "You're right. My Jeep *****. Someone find me some rope and a chair."

:rotflmao:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leave it to you to come in and spoil my sense of accomplishment.

Me: "Hey my Jeep is running great today!"
tjkj2002: "Nah man. Not really. But, f@#k man, did you see mine?"
Me: "You're right. My Jeep *****. Someone find me some rope and a chair."

:rotflmao:
Not at all,happy you like but not my 1st choice for suspension design.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have wondered about that mod ever since I lifted mine. Like you I've thought the rearend is just a bit "squirrely" compared to when it was sagged/bagged.

Was it difficult to get the link lined up properly before it was welded to the axle?

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Squirrely
you sure everything is tight?
Only time I have any squirrrlyness is when the bushings or ball joint goes on mine
Of course I do have muddified front bushings on the rear UCA, to control some of the "give" in the bushings

I'm not keen on the 4 link nor do I like the extra noise

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirrely
Only time I have any squirrrlyness is when the bushings or ball joint goes on mine
Of course I do have muddified front bushings on the rear UCA, to control some of the "give" in the bushings

Also didn't help that I taco'd the y-link extension. That's the biggest reason for going the 4-link. I shouldve mentioned that part.

Yep, bushings were constantly going bad, too.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also didn't help that I taco'd the y-link extension. That's the biggest reason for going the 4-link. I shouldve mentioned that part.

Yep, bushings were constantly going bad, too.

Yep knew you did that
Mines went bad once, then had to have one in a hurry and bought cheap POS and it lasted 3 months or so before went back to MOPAR
But since its been over 4 inches for way over 100,000 thats not too bad
But the extra I did to them seems to help as well
Now I have two good one laying in the garage waiting for some modification to them :hidesbehindsofa:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Squirrely

I'd like you to drive mine during the M&G in a couple of weeks - have some noises in the front and the squirrel in the back :shakehead:

Too hard to describe some of the things that I'd like to improve - don't get me wrong, the Jeep is the best vehicle I've owned, even better since the lift.

Bob

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, you also have the RL HD bumper. Did you notice a decrease in handling characteristics after you mounted it full loaded (tire, lift, etc.)? That thing is heavy as hell. Just curious if you noticed anything significant.

Did the rear coilovers help out in any way?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, you also have the RL HD bumper. Did you notice a decrease in handling characteristics after you mounted it full loaded (tire, lift, etc.)? That thing is heavy as hell. Just curious if you noticed anything significant.

Did the rear coilovers help out in any way?

I've never noticed any rear change in handling
I think the rear coil-overs help a lot!
I know they give me a little more control it seems
( installed them before the RL bumper ) tows better, no sag
I installed a old set of Ranchos for a few hours when I went to the JBA 4 inch springs just to try and then re-installed the coilovers and it made a ton of difference. Of course the ranchos were worn out pretty much

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never noticed any rear change in handling
I think the rear coil-overs help a lot!
I know they give me a little more control it seems
( installed them before the RL bumper ) tows better, no sag
I installed a old set of Ranchos for a few hours when I went to the JBA 4 inch springs just to try and then re-installed the coilovers and it made a ton of difference. Of course the ranchos were worn out pretty much

Can you post a close-up of how you have your rear coilovers mounted?

Latest posts

Members online