JBA rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I need to replace my entire suspension this spring and I'm planning ahead. I have to piece it together (tight budget). I have tons of info from here and planning on OME springs (927/948) and Bilstein shocks. I like the looks of the JBA rear springs. Just looking at the 2.5" version. Don't see much on here from those using them. Wondering if anyone has experience with them and if they would be a better choice over the OME rears.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I have not tried them, but I imagine that they are of good quality and will ride just as good if not better then OME or Ironman.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wished there were members close to me doing suspension upgrades.
Would love to help out to get some experience before doing mine in the far future.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would love to help out to get some experience before doing mine in the far future.

Not that far away only 20 hours or so isn't it

To the OP, just installed a rear set of JBA 2.5 inch on my 03 yesterday
will report back
Been running the 4 inch JBAs on my 04 for a long time

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm willing to risk it. I don't have much choice as the one on it has 90k from me and who knows how much from the PO. I'm at 175k now and it's getting sketchy on bumps, especially bumps on a curve.

will report back

I was thinking of PMing you since I saw them in the system you had for your 03. Didn't know what size they were and I knew you had just installed so wasn't sure if you had previous experience with them. Not in a hurry since I can easily order the other bits and pieces first and wait for your review. If you liked the 4" then I would imagine the 2.5" are fine but would you think there is any advantage of the 2.5" over the OME?

Thanks! :cheers:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
That describes my situation as well. Once I get back to Ohio (signed the lease, need the job, long story), I plan to drop in on the good Rev. Mudd for some spiritual enrichment. :icon_lol:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

will report back

Tom, since it's well known that you've installed so many lift kits on lots of people's Liberty's, what is the general protocol for having a meet up like that? Perhaps one where the owner significantly assists in the install and brings the beer, while using your experience and guiding suggestions on their first lift kit install?

Feel free to PM if it's going to be more of a two-person conversation, especially if cash is needing to be discussed.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

will report back

more like 34 hours according to google maps.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of a kj on the OME front springs and jba rear springs, I'm trying to decide too if I should run jba rear's tom said it will be between 1/4 and 1/2" higher in the rear. My previous KJ after lifted sat 1/2" lower in the rear and it looked level so if those springs are going set 1/2" higher than the front sounds like its going to be 1" higher than level looking.

EDIT**
I'm referring to the 4" springs sorry.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of a kj on the OME front springs and jba rear springs, I'm trying to decide too if I should run jba rear's tom said it will be between 1/4 and 1/2" higher in the rear. My previous KJ after lifted sat 1/2" lower in the rear and it looked level so if those springs are going set 1/2" higher than the front sounds like its going to be 1" higher than level looking.

EDIT**
I'm referring to the 4" springs sorry.

If using 4 inch springs you'll be nose down
well unless going with JBA coilovers then you can get them to 4 inches easy enough and no contact between spring and UCA
OME/ Ironman coils its going to be nose down since you can not lift that high without issues

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
If using 4 inch springs you'll be nose down
well unless going with JBA coilovers then you can get them to 4 inches easy enough and no contact between spring and UCA
OME/ Ironman coils its going to be nose down since you can not lift that high without issues

That's what I was afraid of. I want to lift as much as possible in the front but can't afford more than the ome struts and coils up front so I guess I'll just have to do 2 extra isolators on each side in the rear to level out I just wanted to try those jbas and not have to use extra isolators but oh well. Full OME it is plus isolators strut spacers and clevis and bumpstops!

VAPoorBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the JBA 4" springs with the ironman shocks in the rear and the ride is great on-road and flexes nice off-road.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running the JBA 4" springs with the ironman shocks in the rear and the ride is great on-road and flexes nice off-road.

Good setup since the Ironman are a bit longer
Ride is good with the Ironman I know , had them on mine for a while