JBA OME Kit - Instructions included?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME lift + New tires + New wheels

UPDATE: Lift installed, no instructions necessary. Pictures are on page 3 ;)

Last edited:

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, JBA responded and the kit doesn't come with instructions, but anyone that knows how to replace the springs/struts/shocks on a Jeep Liberty should be able to install the OME lift.

Next question, is it okay to use the original mopar hardware when replacing the suspension? JBA's kit does not include hardware, which is why I ask. If it's not a good idea, I should probably go with the Frankenlift Baja instead.

Last question (for now), can Teraflex bump stops be used in the front AND rear? If only the front, what bumpstops can I use for the rear? I'd rather purchase actual bumpstops rather than hockey pucks, even if the end result is the same.

Last edited:

nmadd118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-install-frankenlift-*lots-pictures*-complete-29193/

here are the instructions.. you use all the old hardware up front - the spring cups and and top and bottom plates on the strut tower.. you only need two teraflex bumstops for the front.. for the rear you will use two hockey pucks on each side.. see this thread

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-install-rear-bumpstops-hockey-puck-version-43989/

give the lift FAQ thread a read

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f203/lift-faq-read-before-asking-questions-47137/

i just did mine

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not, I've read the FAQ along with countless other threads over the past 2 weeks. Just still have some questions I'm unsure of.

Regarding the hockey pucks in the rear, are there other options for rear bumpstops? Since I'm getting this lift professionally installed, I'd rather purchase actual bumpstops as opposed to hockey pucks. The money is not a problem.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Believe it or not, I've read the FAQ along with countless other threads over the past 2 weeks. Just still have some questions I'm unsure of.

Regarding the hockey pucks in the rear, are there other options for rear bumpstops? Since I'm getting this lift professionally installed, I'd rather purchase actual bumpstops as opposed to hockey pucks. The money is not a problem.

Well, you can order rear bumpstops from Daystar and others but really, truly, honestly - hockey pucks do just fine and are easier to get besides. If you're worried about what the installation guys will say just wait till they see your Liberty after the lift and nice tires.

You can call Davey at daveysjeeps.com and ask for Wrangler Dana aluminum bumpstops. He may have some in stock.

But I wouldn't bother - just go with hockey pucks and mechanic comments be damned...

Bob

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepinbyAl.com - Detail1 - JBA-99143R - Rear Bump Stop 4" - Jeep Liberty KJ (2002-2007) - Jeep Liberty KK (2008 plus) - Dodge Nitro KA (2007 Plus) - Jeep Grand Cherokee (2005-2010) - Jeep Commander XK (2005-2010) - JeepinbyAl.com

You can cut them down as they don't need them that long unless running 32 inch tires and want to keep fender flares.

I cut off the first crown with a chop saw.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering the OME 927/948 lift kit from JeepinByAl.com here in the very near future. I'm going to have to get installed professionally as I am not very mechanically inclined and I currently live in an apartment so do not have access to the necessary tools.

When calling around to different shops, many said they would need to read over the lift kit instructions before quoting me for the labor. This got me thinking.. does the OME lift kit from JBA come with instructions??

My order is as follows:

-OME 1.50" lift kit x1

-TeraFlex Bump Stop x4

-Strut spacer plate set x1

-Rear upper coil spring isolator x2

Is there anything I'm overlooking here?
If they can not look up labor for replacing front/rear shocks and rear coils,which is what is being done,then time to find someone better qualified to install the lift.It's really a 2 hour job at most,2.5 hours of actual labor if you have to disassemble the front coilover and reassemble them.Those times are from doing this in a driveway with no power tools besides a cordless 1/2" drive impact.

In all honesty, if the shop needs instructions, you may need a new shop.
Agreed.

Outofideas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only " lift kit" is the taller springs. Shocks are basic to replace. You can use a rubber mallet cut in half and drill the center for your rear bump stops too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering the OME 927/948 lift kit from JeepinByAl.com here in the very near future. I'm going to have to get installed professionally as I am not very mechanically inclined and I currently live in an apartment so do not have access to the necessary tools.

When calling around to different shops, many said they would need to read over the lift kit instructions before quoting me for the labor. This got me thinking.. does the OME lift kit from JBA come with instructions??

My order is as follows:

-OME 1.50" lift kit x1

-TeraFlex Bump Stop x4

-Strut spacer plate set x1

-Rear upper coil spring isolator x2

Is there anything I'm overlooking here?

Are you getting the 132L rear shocks or standard length?
Are you doing a clevis lift as well as top plate, if so you need two more top iso's for the rear

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting the 132L rear shocks or standard length?
Are you doing a clevis lift as well as top plate, if so you need two more top iso's for the rear

Yup, sorry, should have specified. I went with the HD springs, 132L in the rear.

I think I will ask the shop to do the clevis while they're at it. Might as well.
If so, can I reuse my mopar iso's along with the two I ordered from JBA, or do I need 3 iso's total per side?

Also, I found a much better shop to do the work for me. Only problem is he's pretty booked up for the rest of the month, but will call me if anything opens up. It's worth it though, I've read great things about him. Gonna be a tough wait.

Just ordered five 16x7 w/ 4"BS Cragar Soft 8's and five 245/75r16 Treadwright Guard Dogs. I'm excited.

Here's my Renegade as it looks now:

3506-after-getting-front-windows-tinted-match-rear-factory-tints.jpg

I just recently tinted the front windows to match the rear factory tints, bedliner'd the roof rails and rock rails, tinted the sides of the taillights, and plasti-dipped the wheels and emblems. I think it's going to be pretty damn badass once it's lifted and gets some new shoes.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you do top plate and clevis you need two extra upper iso's per side
so 3 total to sit level

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. Will ask Brent if he can add 2 more to my order. It won't ship until Monday because they're fresh out of 132L shocks.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that not be 4 per side 3 on top and one one the bottom or maybe 2on top and 2 on the bottom?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would that not be 4 per side 3 on top and one one the bottom or maybe 2on top and 2 on the bottom?

yes it would
thats why I added 2 extra uppers
Most use two extra uppers and just the one lower
I've ran it both ways
Back before anyone was running bumpstops much some thought that by adding an extra lower that it would somehow fall out of place . With bumpstops etc we all run now not much chance of it
Right now I have one extra lower ( home made one ) on the left side to level mine out :shrug:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info lot to be be said for the person who does it monthly I will be going from 3 to 4 and value your experience. Mine rides so good now I dont want lose it for a stiff ride.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cragars shipped out last night. Treadwrights on Goodyear MTR carcasses shipped out today. This is going to be a difficult wait.

0240kliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where at in md are you located? im in severn and i lifted my liberty with me and my father inlawn. i may be able to lend a helping hand if needed. just installed my JBA a arms. which your going to also want soon.

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where at in md are you located? im in severn and i lifted my liberty with me and my father inlawn. i may be able to lend a helping hand if needed. just installed my JBA a arms. which your going to also want soon.

I'm actually just south of you in Beltsville. I'd love to do the install myself, just don't have the know-how or the space, unfortunately. If you have the time, space, and tools to install the lift, I'd gladly buy a case of beer and some pizzas and help in whatever ways I can.