JBA coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all is needed to get in the 4 inch range with the coilover? Do you need the top plate? Just trying to weigh the difference between the coilovers and the regular spring setup before I pull the trigger. Still have yet to decide which route to go.

Thanks
Daniel

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What all is needed to get in the 4 inch range with the coilover? Do you need the top plate? Just trying to weigh the difference between the coilovers and the regular spring setup before I pull the trigger. Still have yet to decide which route to go.

Thanks
Daniel

The JBA coilovers are adjustable so need nothing else like top plate etc
Will need JBA UCAs etc of course
Can't beat the ride with the JBA coilovers , when I was getting ready to build the 03 thats all I wanted since I had them on the 04

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the extended brake lines that they include with the kit on the JBA site? Are those really needed

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What about the extended brake lines that they include with the kit on the JBA site? Are those really needed

What year do you have ?
I ran 4 inches plus on my 04 for a long time with JBA coilovers and no extended brakelines .
But later models you need to extend the rear ones down although braided fronts are a great upgrade

If you put your year etc in the sig line then we're better able to understand what you need

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 limited 3.7. From my understanding it will be the same as your 04 so I won't need them right away. Agree it would be a nice upgrade later though but with the shocks and arms being around $2200 themselves id hold off on the brake lines if I could.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 limited 3.7. From my understanding it will be the same as your 04 so I won't need them right away. Agree it would be a nice upgrade later though but with the shocks and arms being around $2200 themselves id hold off on the brake lines if I could.

Get the brake lines,worth it and the rear OE line is way to short on any KJ when lifted and you fully droop the whole rear diff(like lifting on a actual vehicle lift).

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think I correct items let me know if I'm missing anything.

FRONT
JBA Coilovers
Brake lines
JBA UCA

REAR
OME spring 948
Bilstein 4" lift shock on JBA site (Not sure on part number)
4 hockey pucks
Brake lines
Y-Link Extension
2 Lower spring isolators
4 Upper spring isolators

I also have moab wheels and am hunting for 4.10 gears

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think I correct items let me know if I'm missing anything.

FRONT
JBA Coilovers
Brake lines
JBA UCA

REAR
OME spring 948
4 hockey pucks
Brake lines
Y-Link Extension
2 Lower spring isolators
4 Upper spring isolators

I also have moab wheels and am hunting for 4.10 gears

You could also go with the bolt-on tri-link from JBA in place of the stock boomerang (rear upper control arm).

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FRONT
JBA Coilovers
Brake lines
JBA UCA

REAR
JBA 4" Rear Springs
4 hockey pucks
Brake lines
Y-Link Extension

No need for ome rear springs and the isolators. Jba has a 4" rear spring.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the spring info. So other than that and the trilink everything looks good? Again thanks for the help.

Daniel

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the brake lines,worth it and the rear OE line is way to short on any KJ when lifted and you fully droop the whole rear diff(like lifting on a actual vehicle lift).

Front brake lines aren't worth it. Maybe if you need to replace them...but not as an upgrade. Too much $$ for a non-necessity.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the spring info. So other than that and the trilink everything looks good? Again thanks for the help.

Daniel
The trilink replaces your rear upper control arm (rear UCA). If you go with the trilink you will not need the tri-link extension. The extension extends the mount on the rear diff (where the rear uca bolts to) to compensate for the lift stressing the stock rear UCA.

So if you want the trilink, then remove the jba trilink extension from your parts list.

If you don't want the trilink your parts list in my previous post is complete.

It can get confusing because you'd think you would use the trilink extension on the trilink.

For what it's worth I only have the jba trilink extension on my 03 with 4". Ive had my lift on for 2 weeks. I also put in a new rear uca. If I had known before I did the lift my rear uca was bad I would have just went straight for the full trilink instead of the extension w/ new rear uca.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trilink replaces your rear upper control arm (rear UCA). If you go with the trilink you will not need the tri-link extension. The extension extends the mount on the rear diff (where the rear uca bolts to) to compensate for the lift stressing the stock rear UCA.

So if you want the trilink, then remove the jba trilink extension from your parts list.

If you don't want the trilink your parts list in my previous post is complete.

It can get confusing because you'd think you would use the trilink extension on the trilink.

For what it's worth I only have the jba trilink extension on my 03 with 4". Ive had my lift on for 2 weeks. I also put in a new rear uca. If I had known before I did the lift my rear uca was bad I would have just went straight for the full trilink instead of the extension w/ new rear uca.

I think you mean 4 link.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you mean 4 link. And I don't think he's referring to that? Maybe?
Ah yeah damn, that's what I meant. The wording threw me off. Thanks for catching it.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'll go with the 4-link as well and ditch the extension. Will start buying parts and hopefully be lifted soon.