JBA adjustable struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth the extra expense? Anyone have the OME sturt and replaced them with the JBA's?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Worth the extra expense? Anyone have the OME sturt and replaced them with the JBA's?

History of what I have ran in front since its the same either KJ or KK
OME 927
OME 790
Ironman HDs
JBA adjustables
Have also installed all of the above on others and rode in a lot that were lifted

Moving from stock to OME is like going from a ride of 1 or 2 to a 5 or 6 but going to the JBA adjustables is going to an 8.5 or 9 with ten being best
There is a considerable amount of difference. The JBA setup absorbs holes/ bumps etc way better . In my mind yes although expensive in a way, its worth it in the long run. Mine has 211,000 and rides the best it ever has. I have about 50,000 on the current setup

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been running JBA 4 inch adjust a struts for the last 35,000 miles and love the setup. Much better than stock, which I had for the 35,000 miles before that. I don't have any experience with OME, but I would definitely take Tom's word for it.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running JBA 4 inch adjust a struts for the last 35,000 miles and love the setup. Much better than stock, which I had for the 35,000 miles before that. I don't have any experience with OME, but I would definitely take Tom's word for it.

Actually meant to out this over in the KJ side. I'm so far ahead on this project with my budget I am going to get the JBA's.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
History of what I have ran in front since its the same either KJ or KK
OME 927
OME 790
Ironman HDs
JBA adjustables
Have also installed all of the above on others and rode in a lot that were lifted

Moving from stock to OME is like going from a ride of 1 or 2 to a 5 or 6 but going to the JBA adjustables is going to an 8.5 or 9 with ten being best
There is a considerable amount of difference. The JBA setup absorbs holes/ bumps etc way better . In my mind yes although expensive in a way, its worth it in the long run. Mine has 211,000 and rides the best it ever has. I have about 50,000 on the current setup

.... and you couldn't have mentioned that when I was researching mine recently!??!!? bastard. :ROFLJest:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
.... and you couldn't have mentioned that when I was researching mine recently!??!!? bastard. :ROFLJest:

I thought most of the older members on here knew what all I had ran/ tested/ changed/ modified/ added to/ bent / broke etc :shrug::happy175:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not that old (both in forum time as well as actual age.)

Oh well. I'll run 'em like they are until the struts/shocks wear out. the 90009's should be a massive step up from the old worn out STOCK setup.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not that old (both in forum time as well as actual age.)

Oh well. I'll run 'em like they are until the struts/shocks wear out. the 90009's should be a massive step up from the old worn out STOCK setup.
Anything is a step up from the stock suspension , even low mileage stock:icon_lol:

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have to install mine :icon_redface::icon_redface: I've had the kit for almost a year now, just haven't had time to install it.

I'll let you know when I get to it though. Then you'll have another stock, OME, JBA comparison.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JBA's are very nice. I have them on mine. They definitely ride better than my Franky I had on the front. The install is much easier than the previous setup.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.