JBA 6" lift springs (should I upgrade?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the springs that ship with the JBA 6" lift strong enough to support an ARB front bumper, D30S, front/rear Air Lockers, Skid Row front and engine/****** skid, along with Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Gecko Basket Rack, and the HD Rear Bumper that will carry a spare 33x12.50 + Hi-Lift Jack.

That's a boatload of extra weight! Should I upgrade the coilovers and rear springs to something beefier, or are the provided JBA springs adequate?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The springs are a progessive rate spring so they will hold up . Install everything then adjust accordingly to the height you want/need

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. But what about the rear springs? Should I consider upgrading to something beefier?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. But what about the rear springs? Should I consider upgrading to something beefier?

Not sure what you would go to.
But I have running Ironman rear springs right now and have ran OME 948s for the past 155,000 miles, ( 100,000 miles on first set and 55,000 so far on this set ) and I have rock rails, Kilby Gas tank skid, RL rear bumper with everything,spare tire and gas can swing out and no issues so you should be good . Install everything and then see how it does before you go replacing everything

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know what the spring rates are for the 6" coils but I believe the OME 948's are about 210-220lbs rate coils.I'm running 350lbs(OME 864's) rate rear coils and I have alot more weight on the rear end then you(just shy of 3000lbs vehicle weight by scale) and there maybe a tad on the light side for my setup on my KJ.