JBA 4-Link Heim Joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can point me to where I can purchase heim bolts for my bolt-on JBA 4 link. My chrome molys have failed with way too much play after 40,000 miles/1 year and no its not my rear lower control arms.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can point me to where I can purchase heim bolts for my bolt-on JBA 4 link. My chrome molys have failed with way too much play after 40,000 miles/1 year and no its not my rear lower control arms.

Many places sell them , check online various 4x4 shops etc
I have way over 60,000 on mine with no issues failing

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Heim joints can vary in quality and some are available with grease fittings which might be better as a suspension component. I wish I could point you toward a sure source but somebody else ordered the parts when I dealt with them.

Grainger and McMaster-Carr might be a good start.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Street Rod Shops have them as well, have bought through them before

But since Google is hard to use :icon_razz::icon_razz:
LOW RANGE OFFROAD
RUFFSTUFF
SPEEDWAY
FMI RACING
BARNES 4WD
RUSTYS OFF ROAD
CURRIE
SUMMIT RACING
AND
JBA
JUST TO START

Thinking which way I'm going been reading up on the various ones like Johnny Joints, greaseable et
Been removing mine and cleaning them every few thousand miles to keep dirt/ crap out of them to keep wear down, but still ...

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be checking out if you can swap out the heim joints,not the best choice for something driven often.

Johnny Joints are the best out there,many have copied them but don't last like Curries originals.

I have Johnny Joints on both ends of both my track bars and 8 years(30,000 miles) now with zero play and zero noises.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd be checking out if you can swap out the heim joints,not the best choice for something driven often.

Johnny Joints are the best out there,many have copied them but don't last like Curries originals.

I have Johnny Joints on both ends of both my track bars and 8 years(30,000 miles) now with zero play and zero noises.

Thats what I am leaning to ( Johnny Joints )

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Johnny Joints

Must've been all those grueling highways miles and parking lot puddles that finally got to them...

Tom do you have the chromolys or carbon steels? I thought they were supposed to be self sealing and self lubricating?

I think I'll look into the Johnny joints. Does any idea what size would work? Does anyone have experience with the moog rear upper control arms? I debating go that route and selling my 4-link. I've heard bad things about anything but Mopar's but I'm not sure if the same applies to Moog.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Must've been all those grueling highways miles and parking lot puddles that finally got to them...

Tom do you have the chromolys or carbon steels? I thought they were supposed to be self sealing and self lubricating?

I think I'll look into the Johnny joints. Does any idea what size would work? Does anyone have experience with the moog rear upper control arms? I debating go that route and selling my 4-link. I've heard bad things about anything but Mopar's but I'm not sure if the same applies to Moog.

Anything but Mopar is not really that good at all IMO but then I am ******* tri-links
I have a very early preproduction set I'm running but they are the chromolys

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the current heim thread pitch(size) and the opening in which it bolts into?

The smallest johnny joint is 3/4" thread and 1.6" wide and the ball end has a 1/2" hole(for 1/2" bolt).

And there lies the problem I've found

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the bolt on four link removed and reinstalled a stock one. All is good now. I'll probably put the 4link up for sale when I can get around to some pictures.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the bolt on four link removed and reinstalled a stock one. All is good now. I'll probably put the 4link up for sale when I can get around to some pictures.

Did you install the extender ?
How much for the 4 link, need one for the 05 when I build it.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I still have the brand new one from last year. Still haven't figured out what to do with that smoky bolt... :blah:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I still have the brand new one from last year. Still haven't figured out what to do with that smoky bolt... :blah:

Remove or try to, if it breaks drill it and retap it
Would just take some time
Would of done it during install but knew you had a timeline so didn't want to screw that up

03silverrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I didn't install the extender since I ran the boomerang for a while without problems. I also planning on selling the liberty soon as well. PM sent about the 4 link.

Latest posts

Members online