I've got a few......

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by SurfGuitar141, Jul 3, 2010.

1. SurfGuitar141

SurfGuitar141 Full Access Member

Besides my Jeep Liberty, I also enjoy.....

Surfing....
    To be more precise, traditional single fin long board surfing on my 10'4" Bing SilverSoon, and my 10' Bing Pintail Lightweight.

Playing Guitar.....
    Presently I have two, a Gibson SG, and an Epiphone Sheraton II. I've owned and played many makes and models in the past, and my most favorite guitar has always been the fender Stratocaster, I plan to get another again soon...

Amateur Radio....
    Thought by many to be the hobby of old men, but I first got my license back in 1988 when I was 31. Not much for the Morse Code thing, but I've made many single side band voice contacts around the world, and did it on home made wire antennas strung between my trees......

Guns....
    I'm a certified gun nut, and I enjoy target shooting with both pistol and rifle. Was the Bullseye pistol champ at my range for two years running, also shoot in combat pistol matches, and several different types of .22 caliber rifle matches....

Fishing.....
    Saltwater fishing for Striped Bass, Summer Flounder, Tog, and Weakfish. From jetties, bridges, piers, beach, and sod banks....

2. Moab

Moab New Member

A well rounded guy.

I've been building playing and modifying guitars for about 30 years, restoring old cars and trucks, along with restoring old houses which is my main gig. I really like the outdoors which got me into offroad vehicles and eventually
    to Jeep vehicles. 2 Wranglers later and I've got a KJ - I like the fact it is different especially with a lift.
    I have my hands into electronics too and built a 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb clone. My wonderful wife puts up with all my hobbies and enjoys the great outdoors with me.
    I seem to mod everything I get my hands on - usually keeping things looking stock with a touch of Heavy Duty :D.
    Keeps me busy and happy.......

3. Ry' N Jen

Ry' N Jen Banned

Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
  4. SurfGuitar141

SurfGuitar141 Full Access Member

Surfing at night around here is not the best choice one could make....

Between sharks, rock jetties, storm drain pipes and other obstacles just below the surface.....well let's just say I prefer the day time hours.....

Besides those lights at night would attract bait fish, which in turn would attract creatures that feed on bait fish.....ever wonder what your toes look like to a hungry bluefish with razor sharp teeth......:eek:

5. surfRenegade

surfRenegade Full Access Member

I used to surf at night atleast once a week in the winter months. Then one time during the day I got bumped a few times by a juvenile white shark. Even though that happened during the day I get freaked out at night now. Even when the leash bumps my foot at night I get freaked out.
    There is a couple really sick videos of guys surfing at night with flares and boards with neon rails...very cool stuff.