It's Time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To start saving and planning my lift. My fronts are squeaky. I don't like it, so i am about 25% of the way saved up for my lift...will prolly have enough by march or april to finish purchasing and install. Reason I post this here is because even tho I've read everything here for the last 2 years...I'm always confused. I want to do a full Frankenlift with the addition of the WesWay (Boiler's shims, extra ISO's and some clevis.). I'm rocking 245/70/r16's now. So I'm ready for it to look awesome, but I might get some spacers too. What is the best way to do the purchase, just straight full buy from Boulderbars.com or should i buy part by part, in that case I don't really know what I need to get entirely. Little help or direction gang? thanks. Long time no talk!

(also with this round of saving and spending, ill be getting a hidden hitch with a D-ring :)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The front pre-assembled is nice if you are going to do it yourself. Makes it easier but you are then limited to the OME shocks.
I went with the Bilstien shocks all the way aroundBE5-D916-H0 (FRONT RIGHT&LEFT)http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/html/show_shocks.asp?make='JEEP'&model='Liberty%20(KJ)'&year='2002, Rear Lifted shocks:F4-BE5-A702-HOhttp://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/html/show_shocks.asp?make='DODGE'&model='Dakota%20Quad%20Cab%204WD'&year='2001
37789[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

made hockey pucks for rear bumpstops.
37791[/ATTACH]"]

Going with the Tera-flex front stops,http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-TeraFlex_Bump_Stop-653.aspx OME 927 -948 springs.
Just ordered Boilers 3/8 shims for the stock top base plate.
have the clevis 2" conduits ready.
37793[/ATTACH]"]

Having the JBA-Arms would be beneficial right from the start as well.
I am shooting to keep the front level with the Boiler shims, but extra clevis may put you over 23 inches, (center hub to flare) where cutting the CV shafts will be necessary.
Just trying to throw out some extra ideas for you.

Attachments

• BilsteinShocks1.jpg
    BilsteinShocks1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 0
  • JeepRearBumpStops.jpg
    JeepRearBumpStops.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Conduit2Inch.jpg
    Conduit2Inch.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can not do a Frankenlift and a wesway or whatever its called as well:Bye:Jeez and you say you have read through everything?
If you don't want to drive it then you can of course , do like mentioned above and be done

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can not do a Frankenlift and a wesway or whatever its called as well:Bye:Jeez and you say you have read through everything?
If you don't want to drive it then you can of course , do like mentioned above and be done

Too many pages to read, i thought you could do the wesway?!? boo. ill just do OME's then. Are the bilsteins cheaper?

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i do it part by part...it's def cheaper...do i need top plates or can I use my stock ones...i think i can use the stocks....i need to reread all the posts here lol.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So ya'll are telling me i cannot do boiler's front shims and extra iso's in the back alongside and OME/Bilstein lift?

Read please what I wrote
You can not do or add with a Frankenlift when newly installed, which was what was asked
you can add a top plate and clevis lift if using just OME springs
plus if using 927s you will have more than the advertised height, the listed amount is for insurance purposes only, don't go by them go by those that have lifted before you.
Either that or just send me 850-900 bucks and your KJ plus tell me the height you want up to 23.25-23.5 inches and I'll give it back when done :icon_twisted: (in a day)

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME springs all around 927's and 948s- 316
Bilstein struts - 180 (OME's are 300 for struts)
Shocks(OME or Bilstein) - 140-180
Daystar Bumps - 40
Shims - 40
Extra ISOs - 50

So total, $766-806. Not bad. not bad.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read please what I wrote
You can not do or add with a Frankenlift when newly installed, which was what was asked
you can add a top plate and clevis lift if using just OME springs
plus if using 927s you will have more than the advertised height, the listed amount is for insurance purposes only, don't go by them go by those that have lifted before you.
Either that or just send me 850-900 bucks and your KJ plus tell me the height you want up to 23.25-23.5 inches and I'll give it back when done :icon_twisted: (in a day)

I refuse to read what you wrote. you in OHIO? im on my way with 900 bucks and a case of beer.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME springs all around 927's and 948s- 316
Bilstein struts - 180 (OME's are 300 for struts)
Shocks(OME or Bilstein) - 140-180
Daystar Bumps - 40
Shims - 40
Extra ISOs - 50

So total, $766-806. Not bad. not bad.

wheres the front Teraflex bumpstops
and do away with the daystar bumpstops for 40 bucks
Hockey pucks 4 bucks and a dollar for bolts and nuts to hold them on

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Need Teraflex bumpstops for the front NOT Daystar :favorites68: