Its all in the details - Interesting Change in the '05s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed looking at the picts of people '05s that there seems to be more of a lip extending from the below the doors. I had not read about this minor change, but its interesting for me, looks like I might want to retro fit mine to keep more road grime off the sides of my KJ.

Comparison Picts:

My '04 Columbia:
You must be registered for see images

'05s (squid729's KJ):

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm looking at it again it even looks like the front fender flairs are larger :-k

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think so, doubt its a change in teh unibody. I'd love to find a Parts List PDF for the '05s (I've got one for the '04s) which outlines every part on the KJ to know for sure. I only wonder though, if the front fender extends out farther would it be possible to moutn this to an '04 or earlier...

:-k

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
I remember reading a post, I think in JU back when the 05's started showing up in dealers..that part was all scratched already, from ppl going in and out of it.....not sure wich trim it was too, but, yeh, it's a good lil mod to add if u dont have rockerpanel protection already...(would be nice if it was functional too.....is it?)

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flares

The fender flares are bigger on the 05's. Part of the overall plan to make the Liberty more rugged looking.

SRotblat said:
hmm looking at it again it even looks like the front fender flairs are larger :-k

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i like that botton trim! i dont think it has any function except maybe to cut down slightly on road grime...if you take a look at pics of an 05 renegade the same trim is there with the factory rock rail below it. btw the trim piece has a different finish, sort of a matte with no gloss, and is a slightly different color than the body color

flyingpylon

Reaction score
Hey guys that extra little "lip" is for getting the back of your pants leg dirty when you step out of the vehicle. I'm not sure that it keeps much grime off the side.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Another thing I noticed is there is a separate switch for the air conditioner. I like that.

This is N3qik's liberty, (hope you don't mind I posted your pic.)

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ps i can confirm that the new side trim lip gets scratched up pretty quick just from getting in and out...hopefully can buff some of them out with a good polish...

Latest posts

Members online